Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Indian Larry' dies after stunt in Cabarrus

'Indian Larry' dies after stunt in Cabarrus

Indian Larry, a master motorcycle mechanic and stunt man, passed away this morning following an accident while performing Saturday at the Liquid Steel Classic and Custom Bike Series show at Cabarrus Arena and Events Center in Concord. He was best known for his appearances on Discovery Channel's "Great Biker Build-Off" show.

"He was riding and standing up on his seat," said Mike Downs, Cabarrus County deputy county manager. "The bike started to wobble and he was not able to regain control."

Indian Larry fell off the bike before a crowd of about 8,000. He was not wearing a helmet. Paramedics were standing by and aided him until he could be airlifted to CMC, Downs said.

"Cabarrus County along with the staff at the Cabarrus Arena and Events Center sends its sincere condolences to the family of Indian Larry," said Robert M. Freeman, chairman of the Cabarrus County Board of Commissioners. "Indian Larry was a man with great skill and talent as a mechanic and metal sculptor. He will be truly missed by his fans here in Cabarrus County and throughout the nation."

Indian Larry was best known for his eccentric nature, according to his official Web site. His résumé includes movie, video and television.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/observ...cal/9533189.htm

R.I.P.

Man that's fucked up. That guy is a legend among bikers. Good friends with jesse james and billy lane. However, I don't think he would want to have gone out any other way. :(

Comment

I seen him and Paul Quaff (sp) do the american biker build off when Larry stood on his seat or handlebars.
      I thought he looked to scrawny and weak to try such dangerous stunts.. ironic he died same way I was nervous watching him do that long ago.

Comment

Re: 'Indian Larry' dies after stunt in Cabarrus

Originally posted by DangerousGround
        "He was riding and standing up on his seat,"

R.I.P.
        That was his signature trick...RIP...he was definitely a talented and eccentric old schooler.

Comment

It's a shame...the man was immensely talented....BUT....hard to feel too sorry for someone that died doing stunts on a bike without a helmet.

Comment

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-19-09, 06:22 PM.

Comment

we should all be so lucky as to go out doin what we love........God speed

Comment

Originally posted by zachrulz
                we should all be so lucky as to go out doin what we love........God speed
                I dont know about you but I damn sure dont want to die under a squat rack even though I love training. lol

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                  I dont know about you but I damn sure dont want to die under a squat rack even though I love training. lol
                  :rofl: Or getting choked on a bench.

Comment

Two coffins, one for me, the other for the trophy.................Nah

Comment

Working...
                    X