Seperation of Church & State?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seperation of Church & State?

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-19-09, 06:23 PM.

Comment

It's only the Liberal idealogy who thinks it means that religion can have no part in government or in its policies.
      Note the use of the word religion in the singular. The fact that there is many religions and even more independent sets of beliefs leaves no room for one group's opinion to preside over all.

Comment

whats funny is the fact that you cant post the 10 commandments in a court room because of that, yet when you swear an oath, whether in a court room or to be sworn in as president..you do so on the Bible...go figure that one...

Comment

since im taking governement. We were talking about that This came to my head. I believe in god and christ but not in religion since theres many and all got there believes. Wish the wolrd was just one.

Comment

Comment

We are entitled to our beliefs. There are too many different views for one group to be right and everyone else to be wrong. If I had to swear on something it would not be someone's book.

Comment

I'm with Juice but what happens in a courtroom when a agnostic or Muslim etc. must swear on the bible?

Comment

Originally posted by comsquat
                  I'm with Juice but what happens in a courtroom when a agnostic or Muslim etc. must swear on the bible?
                  ..then, they can say what they want....and it dont count..

Comment

The government should be as free from religion as possible.

Bush gets a bit scary when he talks like his religion and specific beliefs should dictate what America should do, while he tries to stop Iraq from forming a religious based government. Religion is first and formost a method of control over the people - and this conflicts with a democratic government.

Comment

Originally posted by comsquat
                      it dont matte reitrhe rwya cuz to save ur own ass anybody will swaer on anytihng and lie so putitng ur ahnd on a bible aint gonan amke it the truth whateer ur muslim agnostic or christian

Comment

Ever heard of the federalist papers?

Comment

Working...
                        X