good news and bad news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• good news and bad news

First the good news, no major surgery is required for my back. Apparently what the idiot MRI people though they were looking at wasn't a new rupture but the scar tissue from the last surgery. (I can't blame them too much; I thought the same thing when I looked at it) The actually problem is the scar tissue has been torn, causing the area to swell and crush the nerve (this is what is causing the spasms and pain).

The bad news is that sense it is scar tissue they don't want to remove it. Instead tomorrow there are going to inject and suck stuff out of my back with large needles and machines. I had thought that this was just going to be the shots until they informed me today that I will be going under general anesthesia. (I hate that shit, I ALWAYS puke when I wake up) I am not entirely clear on the procedure except that it is suppose to straighten out the spinal core and reduce the inflammation until the scar tissue heals. I will let you know how it works out Friday I hope.

Thanks to everyone for there support.

And fire my sprit be.

And fire my spirt be.
    Last edited by Skyefire; 09-08-04, 05:23 AM.

Good luck, Spidey!

As for the vomitting, if you let them know how senstitive you are, they can give you something to calm your stomach before they put you under and then afterwards, there are rectal soppositories that will also prevent or stop vomitting.

Comment

Originally posted by Puddles
      there are rectal soppositories that will also prevent or stop vomitting.
      :eek: I would rather vomit

Anyways, good luck to you skyefire. If the bad news part is only puking off the anesia (if I read that right) then remeber it could be worse than some nausea.

Comment

Good luck, Spidey!

As for the vomitting, if you let them know how senstitive you are, they can give you something to calm your stomach before they put you under and then afterwards, there are rectal soppositories that will also prevent or stop vomitting.
        Spidey???? Puddles you need your morning coffee. LOL

Good luck Skyefire hope everything turns out well for you. :)

Comment

LOL...actually, I needed more sleep! I made the post, then went back to bed and slept for another 1 1/2 hrs. Now I'm sucking on my coffee and should be a little more with it. :)

Good luck, Sky. Hope you have a pretty nurse to help you out. :)

Comment

Good luck man!

LD

Comment

there are rectal soppositories that will also prevent or stop vomitting.
              Good news. (It really is about time I had some) first off, I didn’t have to take a general anesthesia as they gave me a local. (I wasn't so desperate as get a soppositotie :eek: ) The downside to that is I was awake when they were sticking me. In the future I may reconsider the general. For some reason you can ‘hear’ (not sure if I was so much hearing it as feeling, its hard to describe) the needles going in, and this was not a reaction to the pain because the 23 didn’t hurt that much at all. As for the sensation I am at a loss to describe it. I was however keenly aware the needles going in, it was as though I could feel them going through the ligaments and scar tissue. It really wasn’t too bad until it came time to time to inject the steroids in the back. For everything else they used 25 and 23g 4 to 6 inch needles (the 25 for the local, didn’t make it deep enough, the 23 was for whatever else they were doing) but for this they used an 18g needle. That one hurt as it went in right at the place of the surgery, hence lots of scare tissue. (I think the lidocaine just wasn’t deep). It wasn’t the pain that bothered me so much as the sound. This one crunched as put it in (he had some trouble pushing it all the way in or something). And that was one long needle

Now that I have that out of my system I am done whining. Not even 9 hours after the procedure I am already doing better. I will be going back to work Sunday and I can even start back in the gym Monday (certain exercises only though, upper body mostly). I do have 4 weeks of physical therapy to go to but I am actually looking forward to that. Considering the way the MRI people scared me this couldn’t have gone any better.

Thanks again to everyone.

Comment

Glad to hear the prognosis for recovery is good. I've had back problems before...I know how frustrating it can be.

Comment

That is good news! I've been awake for a few procedures, and yes, the sounds can be a bit freaky but at least you don't have that dopey feeling from annestessia afterwards...it hangs on to me for a couple of weeks after surgery.

Comment

Working...
                  X