X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think sombody killed my dog

This is Brandy
    Attached Files

nice dog dude. Thats a German Shepard right, cause i got a female one that looks the same as that one.

Hey man, did they kill her bro:(

Comment

She died Friday around 1 pm, She got sick Thursday night and was throwing up. My wife took her into the vet Friday morning with a 107 temp.She was all ready in sepsis and bleeding out into her body. Her intestines and her liver were 3 times there normal size. They believe she ate some rancid meat or a dead animal. her yard is very clean and I know she doesn't eat dead animals. The only thing I found in her yard was mushrooms and acorns and I would not put it past her to eat those. what ever she ate it killed her in less then 24 hours. I do how ever have a neighbor that has a property line that borders her fenced in area that I have been at war with for years. I beet the piss out of him once a few years ago and they have been complyent ever since but I put nothing past him or his sicko wife. The bottom line is she ate somthing that killed her. She was only 6 years old and I wasn't ready for her to die. She was my friend and I love her very much. I fear I will have to respond to what ever I find happend to her. She is a pure breed sable shepard. My she beast
      Last edited by Timber; 10-04-04, 07:36 PM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that man. I was walking my grandmother's dog (7 years old) on saturday on our very quite dirt road. Just so happen a car was coming down the road right as I was getting back to there house. Didn't know the dog chases cars and it bolted right after it and got under the back tire. It tore up my hand when I was trying to help her. Out of fear and pain it bit my hand twice and I had to rip my hand out of her mouth. Tried to rush it to the vet but she died just before getting there. My grandmother is devastated and is blaming me right now. I don't mind that though because I know she is just hurt.
        Last edited by Shibby; 10-04-04, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Damn, that's terrible...for both of you, Shibby & Timber. I'm real sorry to hear that.

Comment

that is terrible stuff for both of you guys. Take care.

Comment

Geez...loosing a pet is so hard. It's like loosing a best friend.

My deepest sympathies go out to you, Timber.

Shibby, glad you realize that your grandma is hurting and you're not taking offence to her reaction. :kiss: to you both.

Comment

Nothing worse than losing a pet like that. I had a cat with asthma that died on my lap on the way to the vet. It took me over a year to get over that. Hang in there, time heals.

Comment

Originally posted by Timber
                  She died Friday around 1 pm, She got sick Thursday night and was throwing up. My wife took her into the vet Friday morning with a 107 temp.She was all ready in sepsis and bleeding out into her body. Her intestines and her liver were 3 times there normal size. They believe she ate some rancid meat or a dead animal. her yard is very clean and I know she doesn't eat dead animals. The only thing I found in her yard was mushrooms and acorns and I would not put it past her to eat those. what ever she ate it killed her in less then 24 hours. I do how ever have a neighbor that has a property line that borders her fenced in area that I have been at war with for years. I beet the piss out of him once a few years ago and they have been complyent ever since but I put nothing past him or his sicko wife. The bottom line is she ate somthing that killed her. She was only 6 years old and I wasn't ready for her to die. She was my friend and I love her very much. I fear I will have to respond to what ever I find happend to her. She is a pure breed sable shepard. My she beast
                  thats bullshit burn that fuckers house down. im sorry to hear of your loss but thats crazy wondering if the neighbor did it or not.

Comment

awww, sorry to hear that Timb....:( I love animals

Comment

Sorry to hear that Timber and shibby.

Timber, you should try to get evidense on your neighbors and charge them for animal cruelty. I would go crazy if someone harmed my dog.

Comment

in any significant veterinary teaching hospital there is a necropsy lab (autopsies for animals), and even if you aren't near one they can take samples and have them sent in for testing. most animals hospitals will do this theirselves anyways, if you suspect foul play contact the ASPCA. the mushrooms may well have caused the dog to die, but in that case it's usually from renal failure and not internal bleeding etc... rat poison, in SOME (don't fly off the handle just yet, it's still only a slight possibility) cases, does what you've described. take a deep breath, count backwards from 10, and find out how your friend passed away. then you can handle it from there.

Comment

:( i consider animals part of my life. I love animals, and hate those who are bad to them. My girl loves cats so i respect that, I love dogs. I got 3 huge german shepards. One is 10 , other 6, other 5. Just love them so much.

Sorry to hear that Shibster and Timber. I know how u all feel:(

Comment

Regardless of any differences people have with each other, their pets should not have to suffer the consequences of dispute. If that was the case, (or wasn't) I'm truly sorry for your loss, Timber. Hlcn8 made an excellent suggestion that I would personally follow. Don't react without the full knowledge of what happened. If after any tests show poison, then you need to attempt to find justice through legal manuevers. Again, I feel for your loss.

Shibby, I am also sorry for how yo were drawn into a very difficult situation. I'm sure that you were saddened by the loss of your gramdma's dog. It may sound kind of corny but I am also proud that you recognize that her loss being blamed on you was just a shock reaction. More people should have your good sense. Hang in there.

Comment

We have ruled out poison as far as like strychnine or the like, Bad hamburger or some kind of rancid raw meat seems to be the cause. I am a firm believer in feeding animals only animal food. As far as going off the handle is concerned I will wait till I know for sure who if anyone is responsible. I am selling this house this spring and moving on from hear. I'll start looking for a Doberman breeder and get a new pup in the spring. I have all ready spent a $1000 dollars on finding out what happened to my Shepard and she is now off to be cremated now. I should have her back Wednesday

Comment

Working...
                              X