Computer help DESPERATE!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer help DESPERATE!!

I just installed a new hard drive in my hp,but I can't find my windows os disc.What can I do to get it off my old drive to put it on the new one?I looked online,and it said to go to system cd creator from the hp tools menu,but that option of course is not an option .

lol, if im not mistaken. there is nothing you can do. you need an OS disk.

Comment

Download a another OS from kazaa lite, burn a copy from a friend or just buy a new one.

Comment

Use Ghost or Drive Image to make an image of your old drive, and copy it onto the new one.

Comment

comp problems suck man, just got done fixin one of mine, hope it works out for you.

Comment

Smash it with a bat, and go buy a new one. They ar not worth fixing IMO.:D lol.

Comment

i just hate computers, they suck, i dont understand tehm:eek:

Comment

If your old hd is still working, you can add the new one as a slave and copy all contents including OS to the new drive. The software with the new drive will guide you through this.

Comment

Did you buy an OEM operating system (windows)? If your operating system came with windows the answer is yes. In which case, you MAY be able to move it using norton "ghost" or some other program. First, install the second drive as a "slave" to the first, then "copy", then switch the drive cables/BIOS.

Otherwise, if you just lost the CD's, get replacements, trust me on this one. It is a whole lot safer.

Comment

If you still have your old hard drive ghosting it would be the easiest way to go.

Comment

when i try to access my old drive now,it says ntldr compressed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. dB
                        Use Ghost or Drive Image to make an image of your old drive, and copy it onto the new one.
                        this or just install the new one as a slave. (which is what i would do)

Comment

Originally posted by Sermon
                          when i try to access my old drive now,it says ntldr compressed?
                          Is that with it set as master, or slave? Re-jumper it so that the old drive is the master and see what happens?

Comment

fucking computers

Comment

The best thing to do find a OS on disk, then install it, get everything the way you want it, and then ghost or map the image to your HD.

when putting a ghost image from one HD to the next, tid bits of information will be lost in one way or another. unless the hard drive is the same brand as the old one. information loss is inevitable.

methods of saving data to a disk are similar, each manufacturer has there own way of implementing this proceedure.

ghosting will work and is acceivable but as i learned in doing it myself... programs sometimes don't work as they should.

just my 2 cents

Comment

Working...
                              X