Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

The gym I am currently going to has dumbells that go up to 130lbs, and then jumps up to 160lbs which is good.

The problem is, there is a new gym that is opening that I want to go to, and it has everything. It is by far the best gym in my city, but the dumbells only go up to 120lbs!

I only need the heavier dumbells for lying dumbell presses and bent over dumbell rows. In my opinion these two exercises are very important, but is there a way to do something else and get the same results? Should I focus more on flyes for chest and one arm cable rows for back? Are these equal and good substitutes or is there something better?

Bouncer, I would really like your input on this and anyone else that knows alot about training. Thanks alot guys, GM. This is stressing me out sooooooo much!

you could try using a camber bar or something like that.

Comment

Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Originally posted by Golden_Muscle
      The gym I am currently going to has dumbells that go up to 130lbs, and then jumps up to 160lbs which is good.

The problem is, there is a new gym that is opening that I want to go to, and it has everything. It is by far the best gym in my city, but the dumbells only go up to 120lbs!

I only need the heavier dumbells for lying dumbell presses and bent over dumbell rows. In my opinion these two exercises are very important, but is there a way to do something else and get the same results? Should I focus more on flyes for chest and one arm cable rows for back? Are these equal and good substitutes or is there something better?

Bouncer, I would really like your input on this and anyone else that knows alot about training. Thanks alot guys, GM. This is stressing me out sooooooo much!
      Go to both gyms. On back and chest day go to the gym with the heavy DBs. The rest of the week go to the other gym. That way you wont get sick of the gym either. I have a membership to 4 gyms. Works great.

Comment

Re: Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
        Go to both gyms. On back and chest day go to the gym with the heavy DBs. The rest of the week go to the other gym. That way you wont get sick of the gym either. I have a membership to 4 gyms. Works great.
        Bwahaha, 4 gyms! hehe! Sounds like a good idea though, but kind of expensive for me.

Do you think those two exercises I said are good alternatives?

1. Focus more on Flyes instead of dumbell presses? The presses I do will be with the barbell.

and...

2. One arm cable rows instead of dumbell rows?

Thanks again.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Bwahaha, 4 gyms! hehe! Sounds like a good idea though, but kind of expensive for me.

Do you think those two exercises I said are good alternatives?

1. Focus more on Flyes instead of dumbell presses? The presses I do will be with the barbell.

and...

2. One arm cable rows instead of dumbell rows?

Thanks again.
          no not really, you should always have heavy dumbells. i personally would stay were the heavy Db's are.

Comment

me too i love db rows as heavy as my dumbells allow (160) and presses i only ge tup to 120'a for now but ill be ther eeventually

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

no not really, you should always have heavy dumbells. i personally would stay were the heavy Db's are.
              Thanks Bouncer.;) I hate making these decisions.:(

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

Thanks Bouncer.;) I hate making these decisions.:(
                dont go to the fruity gym. stay with the heavy DB's. dont leave them all alone to sit and rust. what kind of a person would do that to the good ole DB's. you must worship and love them....:)

Comment

i love them db's :p

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dumbell problem at new gym. Need big help.

dont go to the fruity gym. stay with the heavy DB's. dont leave them all alone to sit and rust. what kind of a person would do that to the good ole DB's. you must worship and love them....:)
                    I decided to stay with the old gym with the DB`s. At the other gym im just paying for a lot of stuff I dont use. Sure it has a few cool bicep and tricep machines but not necessary IMO.

Comment

I just changed gyms partly because the dbs at the old gym only went to 130. They go to 200 at the new gym. I have a little room to grow there.

Comment

I need to buy me some heavier ones because the ones I got aint shit. I only use them for curls though cause I always use barbells for everything. When shit gets light I go and by more plates.:drunk:

Comment

Sucks don't it GM... I just stick with Golds, lots of iron, never have to worry about looking around for something heavy enough to hit dumbell bench with. The "health spa" type gym here in NC (where I'm stuck right now...) only has dumbells up to 100 lbs... my mouth dropped open when I saw that. I was thinkin' of joining just because I love the sauna's but when I saw that, I was like "Hell no"

Comment

Originally posted by kwik20r
                            Sucks don't it GM... I just stick with Golds, lots of iron, never have to worry about looking around for something heavy enough to hit dumbell bench with. The "health spa" type gym here in NC (where I'm stuck right now...) only has dumbells up to 100 lbs... my mouth dropped open when I saw that. I was thinkin' of joining just because I love the sauna's but when I saw that, I was like "Hell no"

Exactly, the new gyms sure are pretty, but pretty is not what I want to look like. Scary and huge is what im going for.

Comment

Exactly, the new gyms sure are pretty, but pretty is not what I want to look like. Scary and huge is what im going for.

agree, i hate all the fancy shit they got now. I dont care about the girls also that go there. I rather stick to a small gym that has it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X