Thursday Baseball Playoffs Game 7: Astros @ Cardinals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Baseball Playoffs Game 7: Astros @ Cardinals

For the record, I want St Louis to win, just dont think it will happen.

LINE:
    HOU +105
    STL -110
    O/U 9.5 -115/-105

PITCHERS:
    Suppan 17-10 4.12 ERA
    Clemens 20-4 2.97 ERA

TRENDS:
    • HOU is 9-1 in Clemens' last 10 starts.
    • Astros are 13-4 in their last 17 overall.
    • Under is 4-1 in HOU last five games.
    • Under is 4-1 in Suppan's last five starts.
    • STL is 1-3 in their last four games.
    • Under is 4-1 in their last five meetings.

ANALYSIS:
    Clemens numbers become average when he steps away from Houston. His Whip jumps to 1.37 and his ERA is in the 3's. Not bad but not as good. He has pitched very well VS STL and Suppan as well. Winnining 4 of 5 vs STL and all 4 vs Suppan including in this playoffs. STL doesnt hit Rocket well while the Stros lineup has some good numbers vs him. Suppan is odd in that his numbers at home are awful especially compared to the road record. He sports 4.75ERA and 1.52 WHIP plus he is just 2-7 last 9 starts vs Houston.

One thing I noticed is Clemens on the road saw a decline in K's vs good lineups. To me that means he is struggling with his stuff abit since he is not able to make hitters swing and miss. Two starts @ Busch just 2 runs in 13+innings but just 8K's.

Home team is 6-0 in this series

Bottom line with Clemens on the hill and Oswalt in the pen there is a clear advantage on the mound with Houston. Clemens threw alot of pitches last time out (116) and that may take away some from him tonite but you also got Oswalt and Lidge. Lidge has pitched alot but should be good for an inning since he had an off day after pitching 3 straight at home (off a few days rest). Last nite 3 innings just 32 pitches! STL will have Marquis in the pen if needed

Really this is a tossup but I guess I will go with Rocket. Home field advanatage means alot but if they have they lead late I like my chances with Oswalt and Lidge to close over whoever STL could throw.

PLAY:
    Astros +105 for $200
    Under 9.5 for $300

SPLIT, SMALL WINNER

Comment

Working...
    X