Army national guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army national guard

Anyone in it, or been in it, or know someone in it? My friend just enlisted....all I really know is there's 9 weeks of basic training, then 2 weeks in the summer and one weekend a month. I read about all the benefits and stuff, but would like to hear some stories if you guys got any.

i dont know anything about it, i just hate to see a ladys thread go unanswered :)

Comment

A lot of people use it for easy money and benefits, but now it isn't so easy w/the current world affairs. Bush has the military so stretched out that the gaurdsmen/women are being sent away to foreign countries as well.

Comment

Originally posted by blm9376
        A lot of people use it for easy money and benefits, but now it isn't so easy w/the current world affairs. Bush has the military so stretched out that the gaurdsmen/women are being sent away to foreign countries as well.

HEY! :( Who asked you? :bawl: hehehe jk I did :)

Pudgy thanks for looking out for me :D

Comment

Yes,do keep in might you could end up in Iraq or some other God forsaken place.If that doesn't matter,you'd be better off joining the Army or Marine reserves.You'll receive better training than in the Guard and serve with more motivated people.

Mad

Comment

Originally posted by Irishgirl
            HEY! :( Who asked you? :bawl: hehehe jk I did :)
            I always hurt people w/the truth....the story of my life. :agree: Sorry doll, I can't lie to you, it's the way of the world these days. :(

Comment

I dont know anything about it at all..have a friend in it...but dont know much besides that.

Comment

Man, national guard is the first to go to war all the time, he'd probably have been better off going active duty, lol! Good luck to him/her though, very awesome:)

Comment

Until recently, the Nat. Gaurd was the nations clean up crew. ie..tornadoes, hurricanes, floods etc...

Comment

Not recently.. ;)

I've done 4 years active, 6 national guard.. The politics are different, yet they pull about the same weight.. Depending the state, you'll have a good chance of deployment.. What really sucks is that I was released March 13th, then a week later came "Shock & Awe".. :)

Comment

Working...
                    X