Cordless Phone Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless Phone Question

Hey all, Im at the new dorm now..and dont have a phone..Im rackin up all theminutes on my cell...not good for the bill :( Im lookin to get a cheap ass cordless phone...cause Im a poor college kid....I checked them out today..and I see all these phones with a differnet mhz rating or something...some were 900mhz, one was 2.4 gb, or something like that..what the hell is this, and cause I get away with a cheap $20 phone. or will the thing cut out on me non stop, and break a month later?

what u can do bro is get a trustable brand, a recognizable brand man. Cause a cheapy will sound shitty and all.

Comment

Yah, I just want a decent one to get by, and dont know how bad those low end ones really are

Comment

and a well known brand also has pretty good warantees.

Comment

true true Shibby

Comment

I bought a VTech 2.4 ghz cordless phone at Wal-Mart for $19.96. I've heard the phones are good. Actually, my cashier said that was the same phone she had and that it was a really good one. I've not had any problems with it. I would suggest trying to get a 2.4 anyway, just because in dorms, there are issues with phones picking up each other. Plus, I'm a poor college student too (albeit a Senior! yay) so I couldn't afford much either.

Comment

Here is some FYI. 1st off don't buy any V-tech phones. I don't care how cool it may look, they're all a piece of shit! Next don't buy any Radio Shack brand phones cause they're shit also. The Panasonic 2.4ghz is your best bet.

And don't buy the 5.8ghz Uniden. Its the fucking baddest phone i've ever had. But its over priced. It won't go ANY further than a 2.4ghz. But still a fucking badass phone. Just expensive though.

For you situation i would get either a Panasonic 2.4ghz or a Uniden 2.4ghz. Both brands are really good. Also go to Panasonic's and Uniden's websites and read about the phones. I don't know Panasonic's website but i do know Uniden's. Its http://www.uniden.com/ And you'll see my 5.8ghz phone on the front page. Whats cool about alot of the phones now. Is you can buy 2 phones as a package deal and they'll also work as 2 way radio's. So thats the new thing going on with the cordless phones. Now the 2 way radio won't work very far from the base. But its still; prety cool. Like if you were on 1 end of the house and somone had the other phone on the other end of the house then you can just use the 2 way radio to talk to them.

Comment

Thx Phat chick!

Comment

wow thx alot for the info BigRed, Im gonna look into them

Comment

Also the reason i said that V-tech phones are shit. Is because i went thorugh 4 of them in 6 monthes. And i've also had friends thats went though them. They're junk. PHATchick you must have good luck. lol

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed54
                      Also the reason i said that V-tech phones are shit. Is because i went thorugh 4 of them in 6 monthes. And i've also had friends thats went though them. They're junk. PHATchick you must have good luck. lol
                      I won't complain then. :)

Comment

go with the highest MGH too I have a scanner that picks up even the 900 mgh band and you wouldn't believ what I have herd

Comment

I have a Panasonic 2.4ghz and it sucks, the fucking battery dies in the less than 6hrs and it breaks up all the time. However, my old roomate has had his Uniden for 5yrs and it still works like a charm and the battery lasts for 3 days off the base unit.

Comment

Originally posted by PHATchik
                            I bought a VTech 2.4 ghz cordless phone at Wal-Mart for $19.96. I've heard the phones are good. Actually, my cashier said that was the same phone she had and that it was a really good one. I've not had any problems with it. I would suggest trying to get a 2.4 anyway, just because in dorms, there are issues with phones picking up each other. Plus, I'm a poor college student too (albeit a Senior! yay) so I couldn't afford much either.

those r good too.

Comment

Funny... I have had 2 Vtech phones they have both been great.

A agree about the Panasonic.. STAY AWAY ! The battery's die within a few months. I have had 2 and the same thing happened to both.

Go with the 2.4Ght if you can, it is much newer technology than 900mhz

Comment

Working...
                              X