WinMX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinMX

anyone use it to download music? is it easy to get busted downloading from them?

I used to use it, but downloads sit in que for too damn long. Kazaa Lite is much easier/faster and safer IMHO.

Comment

winmx is my fav. It's better for cable or dsl connections.

Comment

yep, i have cable. i guess i am just worried about the new laws or whatever and getting fined.

Comment

I use cable but I still don't care for it. Everything I ever want always seems to be being downloaded by everyone and I hate waitng so I just use KL. WinMX is a good P2P though and it's free of spyware.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
            WinMX is a good P2P though and it's free of spyware.
            explain what that means to me. i am computer idiot.

oh yeah off topic: AP, i love you.

Comment

P2P is peer to peer, file sharing

Spyware is software that is secretly installed on your computer when you visit certain sites. It is used for tracking and sends information back to another location. So basically your computer becomes a server of sorts.

Comment

so nobody sees that i am downloading except maybe the person i am getting it from?

Comment

No, pretty much anyone on the network can see you. And I am not sure if WinMX has a feature that blocks RIAA IP addresses. If it does not, then they can log in and see everything you do. They are the ones you DO NOT want watching you.

Comment

do you know if they are targeting cerrtain people or what? for example maybe they are not worried about peeps who download one song every once and a while.

Comment

Honestly, I have no idea. It's the government bro, they don't always have a rhyme and/or reason. I would think that they are targeting the individuals that are downloading mass quantities of songs because they can fine you $750-1500 per song. So it wouldn't behoove them to target one here and there, but who knows.

Comment

I hated winmx!!!

Comment

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...&threadid=3875

Kazaa Lite K++ has RIAA IP blocking abilities.. ;)

Links are in the thread..

Comment

Heard they just served 261 summons for downloading. But it targeted major downloaders. Like more than 1000 songs.

Comment

Yeah, they want mainly those who have file upon file.. I'm guessing their logic is in a sense that whoever has all that music, must know someone who pirates unreleased music..

I said "pirate", spank me I'm bad! :D

Comment

Working...
                              X