Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When did you know it was the right time to get married?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you know it was the right time to get married?

I want to hear from the married people... When did you know you were ready to get married?

Personally i don't believe in getting married until you're financially stable and have some money saved up. I always found it funny seeing my friends marry right out of high school. Cause they're afraid of loseing them and they think they have to throw a ring on the finger. And they didn't even have any money!

i find that amusing too, everyone i know is getting married, and most of them can't even support themselves on their own ...

Comment

when she told me it was time... lol... she also told me when it was time to get divorced... lol

Comment

Good question...when you get her pregnant!! LOL Thats how I got married!!! :p

Comment

Im not married but also the time aint right right now for me and my girl. When I feel the time is right, I will ask her to marry me.:)

Comment

I don't know how I figured out it was time. It wasn't about being finacially secure (the wedding costs will hose that plan). For me I just realized that I couldn't live with out her in my life and it was time to make a commitment. It was time to let her and everyone that knows us know that she was #1 in my life.

Comment

i don't think finances has anything to do with it.
              its time to get married when the worst thing that can happen to you, is something bad happenening to your partner

Comment

Originally posted by skinnypuppy
                when she told me it was time... lol... she also told me when it was time to get divorced... lol

Can't say it any better than this.:D

Comment

Puddles and I have been married almost 19 Years. We both knew it was right from the beginning. Got married right out of high school.

If you are mature and responsible about money, your finances should have nothing to do with your decision to get married.

Puddles and I have NEVER argued about money. We had none at first (we got married in City Hall, because we were broke, and both of our families never offered to pay a dime)

Now that we are pretty comfortable, it still is not an issue. Granted, we like our nice things, but if we lost everything tomorrow, it still has no bearing on my love for her.

Stromba

Comment

Originally posted by TheStromba

, but if we lost everything tomorrow, it still has no bearing on my love for her.

Stromba
                    Well said bro. Thats what keeps a marriage together.:)

Comment

Well most of the people i see that marry right out of high school. Stay in debt and are still living in an aparmtent and they don't have enough money to put down 10% on a house.

I'm in college right now and have 2yrs left and i've been saving. And by the time me and my g/f finish college i'll have enough for more than 10% down on a house and to buy a nice ring. And so far out of ALL of my friends i'm the only one saving. All my other friends single or maried at my age are in debt or they just don't have any money. And also me and my g/f have it made while we're in college with our parents still paying for our shit. So i'm taking advantage of that while i can and saving that much more. So when i graduate i'll be ready to get a house and do everything without having to worry about money problems. We could get married tomm, yes. But don't want to start out with money problems. And with my situation its better to wait till we graduate since our parents still help us out so much while we're in school. The love will be there weather we marry today or 2yrs from now. I just don't want to start out married in debt. And today thats the norm to be in debt and have credit card bills. Well that won't be me, and it never has been.
                      Last edited by rvgfrth4g; 08-07-03, 09:58 AM.

Comment

For me it was a bit different. I had been dating her for a couple of years but i was living in Los Angeles and she was living in Salt Lake. She had just graduated undergrad and had accepted to several graduate programs around the country. 2 of the places she was accepted were in LA but she preferred to go up to the SF bay area. It was then or never in my mind, so i dropped the question. Best move of my life. We got married and she moved to LA. 7 years later, couldnt be happier. She is a sweetie.

Comment

Originally posted by petite
                          Good question...when you get her pregnant!! LOL Thats how I got married!!! :p
                          story of my life

Comment

My wife told me one day "You can ask me to marry you anytime now." And honestly, it didnt matter to me one way or another if I was married or not.

And I think that's how we define Love.

Comment

The time i will ask her is when i got my career going and money to supporther cause i dont want to live a poor life

Comment

Working...
                              X