9*11*03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9*11*03

Although its a bit early I will post this now since Im off to work in a bit.

Although its been 2 yrs, the images I saw that day driving to work will always be burned in my mind, the thought that my firends and family were right there and no way of knowing what the hell was going was the worst pain Ive ever felt, but its nothing compared to the pain of those who gave their lives, to save others, or the lives that were lost in such a cowardly attack

This day has forever changed our culture, make the country of America stronger and more united than it ever was, and I dont speak of politics or government, but I speak of us, the everyday people, who live in freedom, and shun the fear of terrorism.

May we all in some way just pause for a moment today to reflect upon what has changed of the last 2 yrs, and what will come of the future. As you see the world is a very unstable place, and unfortunatly no one can tell if there will be a tomorrow, but there is a today, and should tomorrow come, make that day as special as the day before. Life is something I always took for granted, and after these events, its something I wont waste ever again.

May the souls of all those lost, rest in peace forever...

- Mike at only 22 you displayed the same courage as anyone else that day, and for that, and for being who you were you will never be forgotten. You may not be with us,but your spirit is, and always will be- R.I.P my firend

Doom, that was very nice my brotha!! I am very sorry to hear of your loved ones and I will keep everyone affected by this horrific event in my thoughts tomorrow!! ;)

Comment

definetly a day of rememberance tommorrow.

Comment

Great post Doom. NYC is my favorite city in the world and I plan to live there one day. When I went this summer and walked down to ground zero it was just weird. I am sorry about the people you knew that were taken away so quick.

Comment

My moment of silence will be there along with those of many others.

Comment

great post Doom.. i am sorry about your lose :(... I can remember that day like yesterday.... and i will never forget that day..and i hope others won't either...but if we forget about it.. it will happen again

Comment

Re: 9*11*03

Originally posted by Doom
              Although its a bit early I will post this now since Im off to work in a bit.

Although its been 2 yrs, the images I saw that day driving to work will always be burned in my mind, the thought that my firends and family were right there and no way of knowing what the hell was going was the worst pain Ive ever felt, but its nothing compared to the pain of those who gave their lives, to save others, or the lives that were lost in such a cowardly attack

This day has forever changed our culture, make the country of America stronger and more united than it ever was, and I dont speak of politics or government, but I speak of us, the everyday people, who live in freedom, and shun the fear of terrorism.

May we all in some way just pause for a moment today to reflect upon what has changed of the last 2 yrs, and what will come of the future. As you see the world is a very unstable place, and unfortunatly no one can tell if there will be a tomorrow, but there is a today, and should tomorrow come, make that day as special as the day before. Life is something I always took for granted, and after these events, its something I wont waste ever again.

May the souls of all those lost, rest in peace forever...

- Mike at only 22 you displayed the same courage as anyone else that day, and for that, and for being who you were you will never be forgotten. You may not be with us,but your spirit is, and always will be- R.I.P my firend

Amen Brother

That day changed me forever. I used to work 1 block from the WTC. I went back exactly 1 year ago today. When I stared at the hole in the ground that was the towers, I broke down and cried.

Don't let anyone forget, don't let it fade from memory. Although we had moved to Florida years earler, I still felt like it could have easily been me or Puddles in one of those buildings.

I just got done watching a stage play called "The Guys"

It is about a Fire Captain in the days after 911 that needs help writing 4 eulogys for men he lost. All based on a true story.

It was very difficult to watch, but I really felt like I had to.

Comment

today is a day i will always remeber. God bless them all.

Comment

Originally posted by INTIMID8OR3
                  HEY buddy i remember on 9-11 when you posted about your buddy ....You got a good heart pal...;) we'll catch up this weekend ...
                  thank you my friend, you betta call me this weekend J :) ...

Comment

god bless us all usa

Comment

9-11 is a day of rememberance for me too. When we lived in NY I worked in the WTC on the 60th floor. I went in with my best friend almost daily. We'd stop at the ATM downstairs to get our $ for the day, then ride the first elevator up together, say goodbye and take our seperate elevators to our offices. I knew quite a few people who worked in the WTC on 9-11-01 and Stromba woke me with the TV on saying that a plane had hit one of the towers. I immediately thought of my best friend and started calling her but got no answer. I took that as a good sign figuring that the plane had hit well abover her floor. Whem I called again it wouldn't go through and that's when I started to worry. I kept calling her cell and of course it was not going through either. Then when the 2nd plane hit I lost it. Not just for the thought of who didn't make it, but for the fear felt by the people who had to try to escape and walk down all those flights of stairs not knowing what was going on. For hours I slipped into a very strange state of mind, going between watching the TV and completely loosing it laying curled up in my closet on the floor sobbing like I never had before, feeling terrible fear and helplessness. I called my friend periodicly and finally got through around 4:00pm and found out that she was ok. She was in the first tower that got hit and made it out ok...she got about half a block away when the building collapsed. She described what she went through, walking down the stairs and seeing people falling to their deaths, trying to navigate the streets downtown that were thick and blinding with the dust from the fallen buildings barely able to see, she knew that another friend of ours had made it out ok but didn't know about others we knew. I wished her a safe journey home to NJ and felt great relief that she made it out ok, called my husband to tell him, and then felt guilt for feeling so happy that she made it out when so many others didn't and I lost it again for a few hrs. The days passed and I found out that the company I used to work for had changed buildings and they were above where the 2nd plane hit. None of them made it out. Another friend that I went to HS with didn't make it either. My half-sister is a detective with the NYPD and she spent a lot of time helping out with the disaster. A friend of my husband's was a firefighter at the time and he worked on the clean-up...his lungs are now badly damaged and he's unable to be a fireman anymore.

When we went back last year on 9-10 and I looked down it just seemed weird, but then as I looked up that's when I felt the tradegy and the tears just came no matter how hard I tried to hold them back. I quickly turned and started to walk away as fast as I could. I don't ever want to go back there and see the emptiness again.

Today I'll be thinking of everyone who was there, those who had loved ones there, and those who just felt the same sorrow as the whole country did together. We've become a more united country so although we lost many of our people in a way we won by becoming stronger and more united than we were before.

Comment

Good post. We have a retreat ceremony on base today in remembrance, I just know I'm gonna cry:(

Comment

Very touching posts.....Today is a day to remember those lost.

Comment

i get chills when i think about that day. i was in canada on a business trip and didn't even know what happened until about noon.

but i remember coming back, going to see my friends in new york about 3 weeks after the event. i remember walking from chelsea to the village and seeing makeshift memorials on the corners of the sidewalks. then standing at magnolia bakery on bleeker, looking at the barricades and thinking that it's scary that they were limiting access all the way up to the village.

today is definitely a day of remembrance... i will be thinking of all who were lost.

Comment

Definately somthing that is burned in my mind. I wish the country always could be like the days following though. Everyone seemed so close and working together. For the fist time since I could remeber it was like all Americans were on the same side. Even among all of the tragedy I could feel the sense of pride everyone had because they are Americans.

Comment

Working...
                              X