Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• having a shitty night

Fighting with my goddamn roommates. :mad:

One never lived with a dog before, and mine is young and untrained, so its driving her nuts. I signed the dog (Jane) up for obedience school with this awesome trainer but it doesn't start until end of Oct/beginning of Nov. I already took her through Petsmart obedience training but they only taught the dogs how to do the commands, not to be obedient. My dog jumps a lot out of excitement, and she weighs 65 #, so my roommates are really angry. According to the trainer, its not a problem that can be dealt with using any particular specific technique (yeah, heard all of those about the knee up, ignore the dog, etc etc). Just as one cannnot spot reduce a fat ass, one cannot make the dog stop jumping without first teaching the dog to become totally obedient.

The other roommate is a meek girl and is afraid of my dog.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that the dog has a perfect temperment according to this expert trainer (and in my opinion as well), and is very friendly. So not only am I getting shit from these girls, but my dog is getting treated like shit by them. The meek one is avoiding me so I haven't seen her around but the other one just yells at the dog all the time and tells her she's bad, go away, etc etc. Makes me really upset.
    :(

Tell them to get lost and that they suck if they don't like animals...I love dogs and love how they like to play!!! :) Some people are so damn uptight these days!! :(

Comment

The roommates want to have a "house meeting" tomorrow. Ugh. There is no way in hell that I'm giving up my dog just because they're impatient about her training. This shit takes time, effort, and patience, just like weight loss or muscle building.

And the meek one said she wanted to practically co-own whatever dog I got.

The other one was indifferent.

Comment

well, who owns the place, sweety, or are you guys all just renting it equally?

Comment

all are renting equally, though the meek one is the landlord's mistress

Comment

If I wanted, I could fight dirty because I have some real leverage over the meek one. Ya never know when Mrs. Solomon might get a phone call... ;)

Comment

cute !

Comment

bump

Comment

get new room-mates....your dogs are more important

at my college house we had to house-break a pit-bull and a mastiff at the same time....but we were all dog-lovers...

here is my puppy
                  Attached Files

Comment

I agree, VLG, if your dogs are more important, either get new roomates or find another place and look for roomates that are dog lovers as well...good luck, babe!!! ;)

Comment

you need to get a place of you own or something. i personally love dogs but if other people dont want them then its not really fair for them.

Comment

The hardest thing about pups is that some people don't realize that they are children and they take time to learn and grow. There is very little diference between a dog and a human in the respect that they are members of te home. They do learn quick but they will also chose who the like and dislike baced on how they are treated

Comment

Did they know you had a dog going into the living arangements?

Comment

They knew I was going to get one. One roommate was excited about that and the other didn't care.

Comment

rock ur mastiff is gorgeous

Comment

Working...
                              X