No announcement yet.

September 11th, 2001...Where were you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• September 11th, 2001...Where were you?

Where were you???

Me, I was at hockey practice in MT...got off the ice, threw the radio on, and it was all over the stations.

about 20 miles outside of toronto. i was stuck in canada for 2 weeks because i couldn't fly home at the end of that week yet. i felt so damn isolated when i was out there, i just sat in my hotel room everynight glued to the TV set. :(

Comment

Originally posted by sana
      about 20 miles outside of toronto. i was stuck in canada for 2 weeks because i couldn't fly home at the end of that week yet. i felt so damn isolated when i was out there, i just sat in my hotel room everynight glued to the TV set. :(
      yah those bastards F'ed up everything

Comment

I was actually home sick with the flu. My wife called me and I turned the TV on just as the second place the tower #2. I had all my family calling cause they thought I would get recalled to active duty since I was still in the inactive reserves.
        I got my final discharge papers in the mail on the 13th.
        If it had it happen a few days earlier I never would have been discharged.

Comment

I was homeschooling my daughter and we were still asleep when it happened. My husband woke me up with the TV on and told me what happened. Then the 2nd plane hit and it was obvious something was going on.

Comment

I was at the Pentagon. I worked on the Joint Staff and was working intel in the J2 directorate. Lost 2 good friends that day. That was one of the longest, saddest, most surreal days of my life. I was supposed to be discahrged January of that year but military stop loss prevented that. A few months after 9/11 I found myself in Afghanistan and then Iraq. I finally got released from duty earlier this year. Now I'm a Goverment Contractor still working at the Pentagon. The halls around here are pretty silent today.

Comment

Over the shortwave while sippin a cup of jo on North Sister,no cell serv and we did'nt see any other climbers or air traffic for days.......So we jus kinda shook hands and agreed (where would you wanna be when the shit goes down?)........
              Last edited by MTNMEDIC; 09-11-03, 10:46 AM.

Comment

I was driving to work. The first plane had hit when I turned on the radio. I probably listened to it for 15 mins before I figured out is was real and not some past event the morning show was talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Incredible Bulk
                  I was at the Pentagon. I worked on the Joint Staff and was working intel in the J2 directorate. Lost 2 good friends that day. That was one of the longest, saddest, most surreal days of my life. I was supposed to be discahrged January of that year but military stop loss prevented that. A few months after 9/11 I found myself in Afghanistan and then Iraq. I finally got released from duty earlier this year. Now I'm a Goverment Contractor still working at the Pentagon. The halls around here are pretty silent today.

:( sorry to hear it bro....the utmost respect for you...

Comment

I opened a new store the day before , a second one , grand opening signs all over , expected a big first week , then it all went down . I spent that day lying on the floor , in front of a television . I sent everyone home . and then closed the store at about 2 in the afternoon . Lowered the flag to half staff , and called it a week . I was one of the collateral victims of terroism , it took a while to get any where near the orginal projections we had for a new store , and it made for a rough couple of months . but obviously it could have been worse for me. I am still here , the business is fine . and healthy . I know quite a few business owners who were not so fortunate . and it can be directly linked to the events of that day .. and then of course there is the direct victims . It is almost selfish to complain about what 9-11 did to my business , when it destroyed so many others lives ... as I watched it all unfold I cried numerous times throughout that day .....

Comment

I was at work, I work in law so my bosses flipped, we were running everywhere thinking our buildings were next it was crazy.

Comment

I was working for a online news wire in Los Angeles right near the airport. The early shifters were at our desks reading and dispatching news to different portals (yahoo, cnn, msnbc) and when first report of the first plane crash, we didnt know what to think. obviously by the 2nd attack, it was mayhem in the news room and nervousness of prolonged attacks.

Comment

Driving to work when I was still in Cali... it was all over the airwaves. I was on the cell-phone with my girlfriend, who was in Florida at the time, making sure everything was okay with her, reassuring myself that she was safe. When something so tragic tears a hole in the heart of your homeland, it tears a hole in most of those who live there too, even those far away. Heartbreaking seems an inadequate term to dub 9/11 with...

Comment

I was at work at Florida Power and Light and wa listening to the radio when it all happened couldn't believe it happened then we sat for the rest of the day in watching TV. THe president was just around the corner from me at the School and when he left we where outside watching all the fighter jets circle the airport for his take off. It was a sad day and I pray for those who lost there lives abd for their families.

Comment

i was in the gym, when the radio said what was happening everybody stopped lifting and just sat around listening. i was in shock that airliners had flew into the wtc and one hit the pentagon.

Comment

Working...
                              X