Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2005 Olympia Prize Money increased by over $120,000!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Olympia Prize Money increased by over $120,000!

Well, it looks like the promoters of the 2005 Olympia Weekend, after receiving some criticism of their decision to move the Olympia from the Mandalay Bay to the Orleans Hotel & Arena (and Las Vegas Expo), are back in favor with the competitors. With the perception that they may drop some prize money, they did the opposite and release the breakdown of prize money which far exceeded almost anything anyone even thought remotely of.
    With this prize money, this makes this competition the largest ever, with some serious competition coming up. Congratulations to AMI for coming through for the athletes! I can't wait for more suprises at this year's Olympia!

Here is the press release from AMI.

American Media Inc. (AMI) and The International Federation of Bodybuilders (IFBB), promoters of the 2005 Olympia Weekend, are proud to announce that prize money for the this year's event has been increased from $540,000 to $661,000. That represents a staggering 22% increase of $121,000.
    The purse for the Mr. Olympia contest has been raised by $101,000, Ms. Olympia by $10,000 and the Fitness and Figure events by $5,000 each. Comparisons to last year for each contest are shown in the attached charts. Another breakthrough is that all Mr. Olympia competitors will take home a check of at least $2,000. The prize money for men now stacks up to $500,000 — by far the richest purse in the sport.

The 2005 Olympia Weekend prize money of $661,000 prize money compares to a combined $403,000 on offer at the second biggest contest of the year, The Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic (see accompanying chart for comparisons between these two biggest events on the calendar.)

The overall $121,000 increase makes good on the promoter's promise to take the sport to ever higher levels and to continue investing in the athletes.

i wish i could be in that shit

Comment

hell yeah that is great, should make the competition alot more inviting. You going to be there bouncer?

Comment

Originally posted by phatchopper
        hell yeah that is great, should make the competition alot more inviting. You going to be there bouncer?
        ya, i think i will plan a trip to vegas this year.

Comment

Boy I wonder what Ronnie is going to do with all that money :D

Comment

Originally posted by IntensityX
            Boy I wonder what Ronnie is going to do with all that money :D
            Unfortunately, I think last years head to head competition, especially giving Ronnie abs and thighs over Dexter, proved it's his until he retires or really comes in looking bad. Hopefully, I'll be there this year-had to miss it last year for a trip to Asia, but I got no plans this year--except Vegas!

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
              The purse for the Mr. Olympia contest has been raised by $101,000,

Ms. Olympia by $10,000

Oh joy, less than 10% of the increase that men got. :sillyfu:

Women are not compensated nearly enough. No way should there be such a difference. :mad:

Comment

I thought I read that they were going to start penalizing for bloated bellies and disproportionate physiques. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then it could be anyone's crown this year.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                  I thought I read that they were going to start penalizing for bloated bellies and disproportionate physiques. I could be wrong, but if that's the case, then it could be anyone's crown this year.
                  That is supposed to be a new guideline but we shall see if they really go threw with it.

Comment

I think they should peanalize for the gh bellies. Honestly, it does the rest of their physique no justice.

Comment

so what did Mr Olympia actually win for all his years hard work and money spent on food and (potentialy life threatening) drugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
                        so what did Mr Olympia actually win for all his years hard work and money spent on food and (potentialy life threatening) drugs?
                        :hmmm: Any drug, when misused is life threatening.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr incredible
                          Money, an escalade, and his name in history as the greatest ever. When you and I die, our names will be forgotten. His won't.

Comment

Working...
                          X