No announcement yet.

Vending machines fail students

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having an 11 y.o. who craves junk foods, I'm all for the healthier options in the vending machines in schools. At my daughter's school their lunch program has an online option that we can even control what foods she's allowed to purchase. I can go online and see everything she's buying. I gotta say I'm proud of her drink choices...usually water or flavored water. She gets their taco salad at least once a week too. She likes their pizza which I doubt is made with real cheese (probably cheese food product) but since she eats decently most of the time I'm not gonna complain.

And nothing for nothing, but kids do need to be controlled. They're not mature enough to realize how bad the crap foods are for them. Hell, most adults don't even realize it themselves.

Most beverage vending machines now offer water, but the food machines are still full of crap. I hate it because sometimes I'm at work and need something to eat and there's nothing in there that's suitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory
      Well it at least looks like an attempt in the right direction or talk of it, which is good. Something needs to be done...have you seen how disgustingly fat our youth have become. :eek:
      :agree:

Comment

Working...
      X