Body fat %

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body fat %

When you figure you body fat % (calipers) does the water you are hold calculate as fat or does it not factor in. I got mine checked last night adn couldnt believe it. I figured I was about 11-12% They checked me @ 7.8 % ( twice). I cant see my abs and still have some love handles. Everywhere else I am cut. Shit genetics I guess.

I was skeptical about it too, because I tend to hold weight in my stomach, so when they tested my tricep and thigh, where I barely have ANY Fat, and my abs, I thought it came in a little low as well.

Comment

Hey Ill take it and run 7.8 fires me up.

Comment

calipers can be off by as much as 3-4% with a person who is very good at using them. it is skewed even more when used by an inexperienced person. if you can't see your abs and have love handles, i doubt you're 7.8%...unless you are a genetic freak. i know your frustration though man. i'm getting pinched at 8%, but i know i'm more like 10-12 because my six pack is visible, but there is still a nice layer of fat over it. i'm lean everywhere but my abs...i have veins everywhere, shoulders, bi's, of course forarms, but my abs still have fat on them. it's frustrating as hell! i want veins in my abs!!!

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
          calipers can be off by as much as 3-4% with a person who is very good at using them. it is skewed even more when used by an inexperienced person. if you can't see your abs and have love handles, i doubt you're 7.8%...unless you are a genetic freak. i know your frustration though man. i'm getting pinched at 8%, but i know i'm more like 10-12 because my six pack is visible, but there is still a nice layer of fat over it. i'm lean everywhere but my abs...i have veins everywhere, shoulders, bi's, of course forarms, but my abs still have fat on them. it's frustrating as hell! i want veins in my abs!!!
          I doubt it to. I just finished a mild bulker and gained 20 lbs. I started cutting and figured I would measure to see progress. Just before the bulker I was starting to see some abs but not now. Im going to check it again in about 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
            I here ya brotha...it's totally genitic related and frustrating as hell...I'm even considering seeking out a good plastic surgeon for lipo!! Fuck that fat....it's not going to stand in the way of me looking my best. My diet is picture perfect and there is still fat in the ab region. If I try to go lower on my calories, I wind up losing muscle...pisses me off :mad:

Comment

It takes practice to use them well, but calipers are based on statistics anyway. I find them to be pretty accurate for me, I use the mirror as well of course.

Comment

This is why I no longer get my bf% measured.. Saves me a ton of therapy..

Comment

Originally posted by bigpetefox
                  I know whatcha mean. I get pissy for days after mine's done. Hubby measured mine today...no wonder I'm in such a bitchy mood. Grrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

good point

Comment

Think about it: You see yourself everyday, you may/may not know it but you can tell due to your degree of definition.. Once they pinch you with them claws of death, self-esteem flies out the window, and instead of worries of losing your ass, you now have a hair across it.. My first year competing I was plagued with the number 7.6% in my head, no matter what I felt fat.. Never felt so much like a chick would until that moment..

If you can, get some dandelion and a mild OTC diuretic, drink a gallon of water and pop those caps with it.. Once you dry out, you'll know for sure.. I'd rather masturbate with a plugged-in George Foreman Grill than have my bodyfat checked.. :)

Comment

brother i got down to 10% and couldnt see my abs either. i would be pissed if i got down to 7-8% and couldnt sse em. makes me want liposuction.

Comment

lol

Comment

agree. its just fucking with your head. as long as you like what you see in the mirror, you're fine. :agree:

Comment

I use a Tantra Scale to do my body fat and it can change as much as 2% over the day, I am typically around 9% most of the time but my best measurements are usually at the end of the day when my body weight is the highest. I am sure that is because of the calculation. I always seem to have my abs though But I have never had deep cut and separation. The best results I have had for dropping body fat was to not eat 3 hours before I go to sleep for the night. I never eat dinner anymore except on the weekend as my wife and I do enjoy going out but I still try not to sleep before my 3 hour limit.

Comment

Working...
                              X