I hate dialup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate dialup.

God I need a new job, in a decent city(my current one is small, ugly, hot, and while the national average for being morbidly obese is a mere 60% I'm SURE this place is hitting a good 80%)

But besides that, there's ONE CO(central office, it's a telephone junction site where dsl servers are located), that's DSL equipped, so if you're not within a mile or so of it, then you're not getting DSL. I can't even get cable.....

Have I mentioned I haven't had to suffer the indignities of a modem for the past 8 years? ... but for the past 5 months I've been re-located to a place that makes the armpit of hell look good.

That said... I now have to turn off sigs on other peoples posts because my fucking modem has a stroke because a few people dare to put a gif in their sig. And not one is above 300k in size...

God damn Qwest, SBC, and Comcast. In that order.

Sorry, had to vent or I'd never get to sleep.

LOL. How come you cant get cable? I thought everywere could get cable. I bet your i bet your in the south somewere. lol

Comment

Comcast has "No further expansion plans in this area"

Meaning, we put in a few optical backbones, and forgot people here only care about food, eating food, watching TV, and eating food while watching TV.(watercooler talk is basically a rerun of what was on the networks the night before).
      Except there's no actual water cooler, there's 8 vending machines, and somehow there's ALWAYS someone leaving, someone coming in, someones birthday...etc so there's always 1-3 cakes if the vending machines aren't enough. )

Comment

that sucks, i have comcast cable it rocks.

Comment

sucks man, sorry to hear it.

Comment

Re: I hate dialup.

Originally posted by Machina
            but for the past 5 months I've been re-located to a place that makes the armpit of hell look good.
            So you are in Detroit? :D

Comment

Working...
            X