Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

and the dumbass waste of the year award goes to...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• and the dumbass waste of the year award goes to...

RICKY WILLIAMS

Fourth down
    Report: Williams fails drug test, could face suspension
    Posted: Sunday February 19, 2006 10:35PM; Updated: Monday February 20, 2006 3:06AM

Ricky Williams could be facing a one-year suspension for reportedly violating the NFL's substance abuse policy for the fourth time.
    Heinz Kluetmeier/SI

SI.com -- Dolphins' running back Ricky Williams has again tested positive for drug use, according to the Miami Herald, a violation that could result in a one-year suspension under the league's substance abuse policy.

The Herald cited two sources saying that Williams tested positive for a fourth time, but neither would disclose what substance Williams used. He had tested positive for marijuana on three previous occasions.

Marijuana use was a major contributor in Williams walking away from football in 2004, just days before the start of Dolphins' training camp.

He returned to the NFL last season, and was forced to sit out the first four games and was fined four weeks pay for his second and third substance abuse violations.

The 1998 Heisman winner also tested positive in December 2003 and in the '04 offseason.

Williams rushed for 743 yards and six touchdowns in 12 games this season, ending a streak of four consecutive 1,000-yard seasons.

I would have never taken him back in the first place if I was miami. What he did to his team is not forgivable in my eyes. What a waist of talent.

Comment

maybe him and terrel can play flag football or dance with the stars or something

Comment

I'd put Bode Miller third on that list, not too far behind TO and Ricky...don't like him either

Comment

Man, that is a pretty dumb thing to do!

Comment

Working...
          X