another useless thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another useless thread

How come every time I logon, every post that's a few days old shows up as a new post even though I viewed it the last time I was on? It's kind of annoying cause sometimes I can't tell what I've already viewed and what I haven't.

Is it that the thread itself is a few days old and with the new posts in it, it is popping up?

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
      Do you have to log off?
      Well, I don't really log off, I just close the browser. I guess I don't actually log off and on again, but when I come back to SM.com, every thread that's had new posts within the last few days shows as unviewed.

Comment

Do you have to log off?
        If he logs off then they will go away, if not, then every new post will pop up and will keep the ones that he's already seen. He just needs to click the log off button everytime instead of just closing his browser.

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
          If he logs off then they will go away, if not, then every new post will pop up and will keep the ones that he's already seen. He just needs to click the log off button everytime instead of just closing his browser.
          OK, so if I don't log out but just close the browser, it's like I'm starting again at the point I last logged on. That makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
            OK, so if I don't log out but just close the browser, it's like I'm starting again at the point I last logged on. That makes sense.
            Exactly. If you were to log off now and then come back and click new posts, it would be empty. Anything new would start to fill up.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
              It's kind of annoying cause sometimes I can't tell what I've already viewed and what I haven't.
              If this is annoying to you then I would say you have a pretty good life. I wonder if this is something that would be annoying to soldiers in Iraq or children that are hungry. Sit back, relax and enjoy the forum for what it is. In other words, stop your bitching before I put my foot through your teeth. :P

Comment

You're right--this is a useless thread!
                Last edited by BBAddict; 02-28-06, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                  If this is annoying to you then I would say you have a pretty good life. I wonder if this is something that would be annoying to soldiers in Iraq or children that are hungry. Sit back, relax and enjoy the forum for what it is. In other words, stop your bitching before I put my foot through your teeth. :P
                  Um...OK. I wasn't really bitching. Just trying to figure it out, that's all. But thanks for the helpful advice. :P

Comment

Originally posted by BBAddict
                    You're righ--this is a useless thread!
                    :laughnew: :laughnew: :laughnew:

Comment

Hey beef....remember my first post back? :) You were all sweet and helpful :nerdnew:
                      I think you were asking about how to change your signature or something. What can I say? I'm all about the rep points. Glad for once that I left a good impression. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by beefcake
                        What can I say? I'm all about the rep points. . LOL
                        Rep points are gone thanks to Bouncer! :thumbsdow

Comment

Yep, it was signature help. Turned in to like 9 useless pages, lol.

And no, I didn't give you rep points. :P
                          :hmmm: And who helped you with your avi? Spread the love all the way if your gonna spread any at all! :loveheart

Comment

Yep, it was signature help. Turned in to like 9 useless pages, lol.

And no, I didn't give you rep points. :P
                            Apparently everyone was happy to see you. Like bee's on honey. Or inmates on a tranny. No worries.

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
                              Rep points are gone thanks to Bouncer! :thumbsdow
                              Damn i'm out of it. I had no idea.

Comment

Working...
                              X