Child ID programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child ID programs?

I can't seem to find anything online in my area. Does anyone know what kind of places usually run these programs? What age does a child have to be? Does anyone participate in it and how often do you update your childrens info? I was thinking it would be something you could do annually? On a side note I think it would also make your children think about what kind of mistchief they get into as they get older, knowing there info is on file.

IDentAKid is one program that fingerprints and laminates your child's picture with the prints on an id card along with other personal info. I would call your local police station and ask them for what programs are available in your area. They usually work with schools for this stuff.

Comment

Puddles suggested what I would have. Call the local police or sheriffs office and see what they have for you. Also..go to this website and order a kit to keep with you at all times when traveling with your child....
      http://www.childidprogram.com/03id_kit.html

Comment

why in the world would you do this?

Comment

Originally posted by goliath
          :hmmm: Why wouldn't you do this?

Comment

Originally posted by goliath

Mainly for lost or kidnapped children. You keep their ID card with a recent photo, stats, and fingerprints with you so in the event something happens you have the info to give to the police.

Shibby, for babies and infants I imagine you'd have to keep the photo's and info. updated frequently as they grow quickly, but for pre-school aged and older the usual updates are done yearly.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
              I can't seem to find anything online in my area. Does anyone know what kind of places usually run these programs? What age does a child have to be? Does anyone participate in it and how often do you update your childrens info? I was thinking it would be something you could do annually? On a side note I think it would also make your children think about what kind of mistchief they get into as they get older, knowing there info is on file.
              I know that your son is not in daycare (or should I say that is what I gather) but my son's daycare has a program that keeps everything up to date and an outside company comes in a takes pictures every 3-4 months etc. Long story short - you can always check with a local daycare too...

Comment

Ironic cause last night I was thinking that they should start storing DNA of newborn babies. That way you always have the person on file.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone. I'm sure it's obvious I'm a new parent :D

Comment

if i had a kid, i'd pray that someone WOULD come and take the little bastard! lol - j/k

Comment

Working...
                    X