Lookin for a new dvd player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lookin for a new dvd player

My old as hell dvd player died this weeked. I cant complain it had a good run, but now im lookin for a new one, and i have not even looked at the things in years so most of it is over my head.

I was hopein some of you could help me out. Im more interested in it playin damn near any disk i put in it more than i am 5 disc changers and the like. I know i want it to play all types of DVD, MPEG2, MPEG4, i would really like for it to play pretty much any movie file out there if thats possible. I would also love for it to be region free, but i can live with out that.

any help or tips on what i should look for would be great. Like i said its been 3-4 years since i even looked at one of these things in a store.

Do you have an HDTV or no? HD-DVD players are comming out in about 15 days.

If your just looking for a basic DVD player. something like this would work fine. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3og0P5S...0&I=158DVPS55B

Or if you want a player that can hold 5 disks, something like this would be fine. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-3og0P5S...VPC80B&g=54400

Comment

No i dont have an HDTV yet, but the next one that i buy will be HD. but that could be in a month or two or it could be a couple years

Comment

Ok well, the 2 links I gave you are just for basic DVD player for a regular TV which will be good for you for now.

Comment

Would it be smarter to spend a little more on a HD-DVD now in the hopes of getting HD-TV soon or will they not work together?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
            Would it be smarter to spend a little more on a HD-DVD now in the hopes of getting HD-TV soon or will they not work together?
            the thing about it is that there is a format war going on right now. alot like VHS vs Betamax back in the day. the war is between HD-DVD VS BluRay. the players wont play the others disks and so on. i would wait until the format war is over to see which one wins before spending $800-$1000 on a player that may not be around in a year.

it only cost $60-100 bucks to get a regular dvd player so if you dont have an HD set just get the regular DVD player for now.

Comment

believe it or not walmart has some cheap ass DVD players like $40... and I think they support palyback natively of DIVXX--
              the link Bouncer provided will work---Crutchfiled has all sorts of shit.
              just make sure it does progressive scan at bare minimum and most new players will support a large array of formats.
              Region free dvd players are harder to come by and that might cost you--- unless you are getting lots of ripped films from Asia or Europe this feature is not as important in the states.

Good luck -

Comment

Working...
              X