Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eminem's best friend killed..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Musi....ap/index.html

DETROIT, Michigan (AP) -- Proof, a member of rap group D-12 and a close friend of Eminem, was shot to death early Tuesday at a nightclub along Detroit's Eight Mile Road, a publicist said.

The death of Proof -- whose real name is Deshaun Holton -- was confirmed by Dennis Dennehy, the publicist for D-12's label, Interscope Records.

"Memorial service arrangements are still being made, and his friends and family would appreciate privacy during this difficult time," Dennehy said in a statement.

Proof was the best man at Eminem's wedding in January and often appeared alongside the superstar rapper at concerts and public appearances.

He also appeared in the film "8 Mile."

Detroit police wouldn't confirm that Proof was killed, but said two people were shot in the head -- one fatally -- early Tuesday at a nightclub on Eight Mile.

An argument at the CCC nightclub escalated into gunshots, Detroit police spokesman James Tate said.

Wende Berry, a spokeswoman for St. John Health System, said Holton was dead on arrival at St. John Conner Creek, an outpatient treatment facility. Berry confirmed that he had a gunshot wound.

I remember not too long ago I was watching a thing on tv about 'Rap Beefs' and he was a big part of one...I'm not surprised.

Comment

Shame to see anyone killed, even if they had beef.

I don't think without Eminem, D-12 would have gotten anywhere. I really don't care for their music. Only good song they did was with Eminem.

Comment

Originally posted by shortz
        Only good song they did was with Eminem.
        huh??? Eminem is a part of D12... he's in all of their songs

Comment

RIP Proof.

Comment

damn it hoguht it was gonan says eminmens friend shot him to death then i might have actually apreciated this post lol !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by njjuicer
              damn it hoguht it was gonan says eminmens friend shot him to death then i might have actually apreciated this post lol !!!!!
              :laughnew: :laughnew: :laughnew:

Comment

Originally posted by njjuicer
                lol. :drunk:

Comment

I dont get it, these bastards are getting rich and famous doin this shit and they still get in lame ass fights in some club. they finally make it and have money and are becoming popular but they give it up because they have to fight over dumb shit. I feel bad for the guy dying and his family but these guys never learn.

Comment

Working...
                  X