X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 59 Reality Check - This Saturday Night

UFC 59 Reality Check Preview
    by Matt Friezo , Team IronLife.com Staff Writer

There is alot of great fights on this card.. and As always I'm gonna try to act smart and make my picks.. "Reality Check" really is a good name for this card.. This event is gonna make, break, and show who really is the man.. Bad blood, Ego's, & Heart its all here.. Come Saturday Night get ready for a Great Night of Fights.. And here is the way I see It going..

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia

Andrei Arlovski & Matt Friezo at UFC 53

Here we go again.. The two big boys go at it again.. In the HW division There is not many big names in the UFC... So we knew this fight would happen again.. Sylvia did do good to get the chance again.. With an impressive high kick knockout of Tra Telligman, and a decision win over Assuerio Silva.. But I feel he is biting off more he can Chew.. Arlovski is the champ for a good reason. The first time they fought The Pitbull knocked Sylvia down with a nice right then finished with a heel hook to make Big Tim tapout.. Sylvia said "I took you lightly the last time" ......HUH? how do you take Arlovski easy? He is a beast.. He can get hit.. but He'll recover.. I don't see this one making it into the second round.. Arlovski 1st Round Late KO..

For full article please click here.

THE PICKS

- Andrei Arlovski vs. Tim Sylvia = Arlovski by KO in round 1.

- Evan Tanner vs. Justin Levens = Levens by TKO in round 1.

- David Terrell vs. Scott Smith = Smith by KO in round 3.

- Tito Ortiz vs. Forrest Griffin = Forrest by submission in round 2.

- Thiago Alves vs. Derrick Noble = Alves by submission in round 2.

- Karo Parisyan vs. Nick Thompson = Parisyan by submission in round 2.

- Nick Diaz vs. Sean Sherk = Sherk by judges decision.

- Jeff Monson vs. Marcio Cruz = Monson by submission in round 1.

- Jason Lambert vs. Terry Martin = Lambert by KO in round 2.

I can't see Griffin beating Ortiz. He doesn't have a big enough punch to knock Tito out, Ortiz is a much better wrestler, and Forrest doesn't have a good enough ground game to tap Tito out. I think Tito wins by grounding and pounding Griffin until the ref stops it.

Comment

anyone else think the ref called the fight early b/w ts and aa?

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8

hell yes

Comment

Originally posted by hlcn8
          No F inway was it called early

arlovski was head down in the canvas after that blow and his arms were slipping away from underneath him as he lost conciouseness. He was put to sleep and it would have been cruel to let the fight go on.

That said, TS definately got rocked a couple of times, but thats the way it goes with big punchers, often its the first one that gets a punch square on the other guys chin that wins, game over.

TS was honest enough to say he wouldn't be looking forward to the re-match, great guy, both fukin animals and arlowski was a bit unlucky

Comment

Anyone know where you can watch this online?

Comment

AA underestimated silvia. Had he not got rocked by that uppercut, it would've been over for silvia. Oh well, he'll be ready for the rematch and not make the same mistake again.

Comment

Working...
              X