attitude adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• attitude adjustment

Im noticing alot of bickering and drama in this forum in the last few weeks. Time to knock that shit off. This is supposed to be a place for people that share the same interest to come and hang out, not to fight with each other. Take a step back and try and see whats really important here. Is it worth your time or energy to argue with someone on an internet forum? Calm down guys.

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
    Im noticing alot of bickering and drama in this forum in the last few weeks. Time to knock that shit off. This is supposed to be a place for people that share the same interest to come and hang out, not to fight with each other. Take a step back and try and see whats really important here. Is it worth your time or energy to argue with someone on an internet forum? Calm down guys.
    :bravonew:

I agree

Comment

:smooch: Yeah...can't we all just get along?

Comment

agree

Comment

I've been meaning to ask you guys - do you think the board has its own personality? I was noticing the same thing as Bouncer lately. However, when I look back over old threads there was a lot different atmosphere. Nowadays it seems like we just shoot the shit (mainly in the last six months or so), anything before that it seemed like there was a ton of knowledge being shared and respective debates ensued etc. The last glimpse of something like that happening was Rado's attempt to discuss things with YJ but that fell through at the last minute. Maybe it is just the active members that portray the personality...

:hmmm:

Comment

It's good to be reminded of this every now and again. I think we get very comfrotable in our surroundings and tend to get defensive of our community. The new people also should take the time to find there place in our community. The same, all the current members can remember we are all pieces that make this place what it is. It's nice to have new members with good information to add, but if they assert themselves to agressivly it can come off as arogant. Just a bit of how I see things in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
              I've been meaning to ask you guys - do you think the board has its own personality? I was noticing the same thing as Bouncer lately. However, when I look back over old threads there was a lot different atmosphere. Nowadays it seems like we just shoot the shit (mainly in the last six months or so), anything before that it seemed like there was a ton of knowledge being shared and respective debates ensued etc. The last glimpse of something like that happening was Rado's attempt to discuss things with YJ but that fell through at the last minute. Maybe it is just the active members that portray the personality...

Also we have a lot of info and discusstions accumulated that it's hard to find something new to go over again.

Comment

You did start a whole section for arguments and disagreements. :D I think there is a big differnce in those terms though. If nobody disagreed around here, no one would ever learn. I think it partially has to do with the number of members. When a group is small they can get along a lot easier than when they are large.

My big problem is that it can be very hard to convey your attitude over the internet. Sometimes youre trying to be nice or helpful but it is difficlut to show that while saying what you want to say because someone else is reading it without hearing your voice or seeing your expression. Sometimes people need to relax and be able to have a conversation whether they agree or not without taking it personal or getting really angry. Maybe you need a sign "Relax, its only the internet."

Also, many people, including myself in some case I guess, can fall into an attitude where they lose their judgemnt because they can hide behind their anonimity. Its come up several times since I have been hanging around here that all everyone knows about you is what you day so you have to be careful about how you say it. The post about Rado and the $$ issue comes to mind.

I dont know if that makes sense but it sounded good before I started typing.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                  It's good to be reminded of this every now and again. I think we get very comfrotable in our surroundings and tend to get defensive of our community. The new people also should take the time to find there place in our community. The same, all the current members can remember we are all pieces that make this place what it is. It's nice to have new members with good information to add, but if they assert themselves to agressivly it can come off as arogant. Just a bit of how I see things in my eyes.
                  Just saw it, I agree with this too

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                    I think it's the active members that make you think that. When someone comes along with a valid question about something, wanting feedback and information, you guys provide that. I think it's great to open a thread where someone new or even old is asking for help, and you guys provide serious, valuable information -- and then I can open a thread about something totally non-fitness related, and see a laid back point of view. You can only discuss steroids so much...There's a lot of the same active members here day in and day out -- we can't discuss BB and supplements all day! :nerdnew:
                    I agree and I don't want anyone to think that I don't like the board. It's the best damn one out there in my opinion. I just notice that there aren't as many debates as there used to be (thus a wealth of new knowledge ensues)...

Also we have a lot of info and discusstions accumulated that it's hard to find something new to go over again.
                    Very good point....

Comment

But if they assert themselves to agressivly it can come off as arogant. Just a bit of how I see things in my eyes.
                      I agree, I acknowledge my faults. To be honest with you I am glad Severedties mentioned my arrogance, I will work on that.

:kiss:

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                        My big problem is that it can be very hard to convey your attitude over the internet. Sometimes youre trying to be nice or helpful but it is difficlut to show that while saying what you want to say because someone else is reading it without hearing your voice or seeing your expression. Sometimes people need to relax and be able to have a conversation whether they agree or not without taking it personal or getting really angry. Maybe you need a sign "Relax, its only the internet."

Also, many people, including myself in some case I guess, can fall into an attitude where they lose their judgemnt because they can hide behind their anonimity. Its come up several times since I have been hanging around here that all everyone knows about you is what you day so you have to be careful about how you say it. The post about Rado and the $$ issue comes to mind.

I dont know if that makes sense but it sounded good before I started typing.
                        Makes alot of sense. Especially about not being able to read non-verbals and hiding behind anonimity. I doubt that many of us (I include myself here) would be so quick to make a cutting remark to people here if we were all actually sitting in a room together talking. Good point. I know that personally, I've let my own arrogance prevent me from actually considering WHAT was said instead of the WAY I perceived it was said.

Comment

i do notice that when rado is around people tend to get more pissy with each other. i think he pisses off people so much that they have to take it out on others. lol.

nothing against rado, just seems to be that way..

Comment

i do notice that when rado is around people tend to get more pissy with each other. i think he pisses off people so much that they have to take it out on others. lol.

nothing against rado, just seems to be that way..
                            Yep - and the plethora of useless information we receive :D...

I do have to say that the board is much more active when his silly ass is hanging around though....

Comment

Yep - and the plethora of useless information we receive :D...

I do have to say that the board is much more active when his silly ass is hanging around though....
                              yes, it is more active. he gets people posting. now, is the activity always posative is the question? i like rado and think he is a good guy. its the people that respond to him that dont like him that make for the negative feel sometimes. he never really starts negative posts. but for some reason most of his post turn out negative. is it the people responding in a negative way or is it his response to them? i dunno?

Comment

Working...
                              X