Some Days...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Days...

Had to tell a 13 year old kid this morning that her mom was dead. A neighbor told her before we got there that the "paramedics would save her". She'd just been down to long and there was nothing that could be done. Been in this business for 24 years and pretty much have seen and heard it all. It's just that every once and a while something manages to get though this wall of steel that you build up over the years. She'll probably never forget my face. I'll never forget her screams. Some days you eat the bear. Today he bit back.

Not a good thing to hear at all, nor something I'd ever forget if I was in a position such as that.

Comment

It sounds tough, but it's great that there are people like you out there. She may never forget your face, but probably niether will the families of the loved one's you have saved.

Comment

that's so sad...on the bright side, if you've been in this 24 years and it's the first time a call is sticking with you, I think that's good...me, I second guess everything

Comment

...makes you appreciate all that you have and let the ones know how much you love 'em.

Comment

Working...
          X