Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday 4/20 Baseball

YTD 1-2

I didnt know before I placed my bet that the ump had the under in last nites yankee game. :thumbsdow

NEW YORK METS @ SAN DIEGO PADRES >>>> OVER 7 -125
    NY Mets (10-4, 3-0 away) at San Diego (6-8, 1-4 home) 10:05 pm EDT

Mike Piazza and the New York Mets renew acquaintances when the San Diego Padres host the Mets in the opener of a four-game series on Thursday.

Piazza, the all-time home run leader among catchers, played for the Mets from 1998-2005. He signed with the Padres in the offseason after the Mets decided not to bring him back and acquired catcher Paul Lo Duca from Florida.

Heading into Thursday's contest, Piazza is batting .231 with one home run.

The Padres are starting to play like the team that won the National League West last season. They send ace Jake Peavy to the mound on Thursday.

San Diego has won three of its last four games after opening the season with a 3-7 mark in its first 10 contests. Peavy (1-2, 5.50 ERA) has pitched well in two of his three starts, including Saturday's 2-0 loss to Atlanta in which he yielded just two runs and four hits in seven innings.

Peavy is 3-1 with a 3.55 ERA in six career starts against the Mets, who are hoping to rebound from their first series loss of the season.

New York dropped two of three vs. Atlanta this week, capped by Wednesday's 2-1 loss in which the team wasted a marvelous outing by Tom Glavine, who allowed only two runs - one earned - in eight innings.

The Mets will try to get back on track behind Steve Trachsel (1-1, 4.09), who surrendered four runs in five innings of Saturday's 8-2 setback vs. Milwaukee. The righthander is only 6-8 with a 5.61 ERA in 16 lifetime outings against the Padres.

Cliff Floyd (New York Mets) - Floyd is questionable for tonight`s game against the Padres. He is suffering from a strained muscle in his left rib cage. - Associated Press
    Doug Mirabelli (San Diego Padres) - Mirabelli is questionable for tonight`s game against the Mets. He is currently experiencing lower back stiffness.
Working...
X