No announcement yet.

advice needed... I want to switch gyms.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advice needed... I want to switch gyms.

Alright... I got a golds gym membership about 4 months ago... Its a 1 year contract, i read over the details and all. It seems you have to be injured(doctors note) or move to where no golds gym is to cancel...

Reason for me canceling my membership is im moving to an expensive apartment at the beach and money is tight. Theres a gym thats only 40$ a year thats close by, (the rec center) its run by the govt....

any advice/tips on canceling my membership??? I kno its possible its just a gym.. .

I use to work at Gold's. The best way is to find a doctor friend that can right you a not on letterhead restricting you from exercise, I think for at least 6 months. Even if there isn't a gold's gym close to where you're going, you still have to pay a cancelation fee. If there is a gold's near where you are moving, but not part of the same franchise, you have to pay a gym transfer fee. It's not as simple as what you are reading in the contract. It's a pain in the ass. Some places will let you transfer a membership to a buddy for a small processing fee.

Comment

Working...
    X