Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Fatal Contact: Bird Flu in America" for Tuesday, May 9

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?se...ime&id=4091093

Great, ABC is going to scare the shit out of americans even more.

interesting...remember Outbreak, with Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman and Rene Russo? Didn't think so...

anyway, that scared me

Comment

I liked that movie. But this will have people freaked out to do some of the simple day to day stuff they will see in this show. Just like in Outbreak it showed people getting sick at the movies. It will just make people even more annoying.

Comment

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-21-09, 06:37 PM.

Comment

I hope if they have CGI it's better than it has been in previous Made for TV movies. That one they did on Category 6 or whatever was terrible.

And I didnt know this:

"Barry's book, which includes a new afterword on today's Avian Flu, focuses on the 1918 Spanish Flu which killed between 50-100 million people. "

That's a helluva lot of people.

Comment

The difference this go around is our science is so much better.Most of the contemporary effort was spent in an unsuccessful search for a vaccine to the supposed bacterial cause of the disease, Bacillus influenzae. Also "John Barry wrote in his book "The Great Influenza" that Bayer aspirin was just hitting the market in the US at the time of the Spanish flu, but because Bayer was a German company and World War I was happening, many Americans distrusted it and thought that it was a form of germ warfare. It was reported that Barry further related in his book that this theory was even suggested by US government officials"

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
              The difference this go around is our science is so much better.

Science may be better now than it was 100 years ago but there is no cure for avian flu and if it does become an eppidemic here many will die. Just as we prepare for hurricanes, our family will be prepared for this.

Comment

remember when SARS was gonna kill us all too

Comment

So did anyone catch this?:) Ironicly it wasn't played here due to storm alerts all night. But I did catch the end of Nighline just now. They were talking about this show being very over the top hollywood dramatization.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                    So did anyone catch this?:) Ironicly it wasn't played here due to storm alerts all night. But I did catch the end of Nighline just now. They were talking about this show being very over the top hollywood dramatization.
                    i have it recorded on DVR. will let you know in a few days.

Comment

Working...
                    X