New trends in home tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New trends in home tech

What is some of the new technology coming out in this industry and which companies appear to be the major players?

hd tv? kinda new

Comment

and dvds

Comment

videos

Comment

HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, 1080P TV's, Dolby HD sound..

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
            HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, 1080P TV's, Dolby HD sound..
            Do you think any of these will really take off? Which one are you most excited about? Also, do you know what companies are involved with these technologies?

Comment

also whats this dolby hd? is dolby the only company pursuing this technology? is it going to catch on?

Comment

Originally posted by glowalla
                Do you think any of these will really take off? Which one are you most excited about? Also, do you know what companies are involved with these technologies?
                High Def DVD will 100% take off. its a matter of which one will win, HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.

I have a 1080P HD set already. Im excited about HI-Def DVD but will wait until there is a winner to get one.

Dolby HD is a lossless sound format. you dont lose any of the information in processing and so on. DTS also has an HD sound format.

Comment

PS. companys involved in BLU-RAY and HD-DVD is pretty much every tech company you can think of. Sony is the biggest investor in Blu-Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                    High Def DVD will 100% take off. its a matter of which one will win, HD-DVD or Blu-Ray.
                    I agree %100 and I'm going to wait to see who wins before I buy. My dad tells me that this same kind of battle happened with VHS, and I think that sony was a big player in that battle too and they ended up loosing. (as far as I understand it). The bad thing is that I heard that the HD-dvds are like 50 bucks a peice, but like everything technology the prices will come down.

Comment

Working...
                    X