Girl comin to visit me: It isn't my girlfriend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl comin to visit me: It isn't my girlfriend

Ok, so to make a long story short, last year when I was a freshman in college I cheated on my girlfriend of two years. I felt terrible about it, and I told her everything. After a few months, everything was back 2 good. Since then, I am still with my girlfriend and I havent even thought about cheating. I just recently talked to the girl that I cheated on my girlfriend with, and it turns out, she is coming back to visit a few people at school for a day. (She transferred after last year) Anyway, as much as I hate myself for what I did, I was pretty good friends with her, and I would love to hang out with her again. The problem is, we have kind of a physical chemistry that tempts us both whenever we see eachother. Any advice on this problem?? I am NOT going to cheat on my girlfriend ever again, but I cant deny that me and this girl are attracted to eachother, and I just dont want things to get akward. Any advice???

um..."don't hang out with her" would be my advice...tell her you're busy or something, or bite the bullet and tell her you just can't see her

Comment

Don't do it if you really want to be with your girlfriend. You lost the right to "just be friends with this girl" when you cheated on your girlfriend. I personally think she's a fool for trusting you againg, but it's not my call. Think about it logically, would you want your girlfriend going to see some guy she cheated on you with? If you said you wouldn't care, you're lying your ass off.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
        Don't do it if you really want to be with your girlfriend. You lost the right to "just be friends with this girl" when you cheated on your girlfriend.
        I went through this same thing with a friend I had known since high school. (8-9 years) It sucks to not be able to be friends anymore but its a tiny price to pay for getting another chance. I told her the last time I saw her that I couldnt see her or talk to her again, basically have a nice life. I would like to talk to her again one day and be friends but my girlfriend is WAY more important than that.

Dont do it if you really care about your girl, even if you wouldnt do anything with the other girl. Your girlfriend deserves the respect.

Comment

Grinder, the fact that you are even considering it should tell you something about your relationship. Maybe you should evaluate what your girlfriend means to you.

Comment

me personally i wouldnt even meet up with her. You love your girl right, i think its not worth it bro since u say u and the girl u cheated on your girlfriend have this chemistry or something, not good. I just wouldnt

Comment

Stay right away, but then again your girlfriend has probably already fucked one of your buddies by now anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

guess i already knew the answer, just needed to hear it from others. i thought about this alot last night before i read these posts and i was being just as hard on myself as you guys are so im just gonna tell the girl that i got shit to do. thanks for the honest advice.

Comment

Unless youre not so sure about the girl youre with I would tell this other chick the truth. Does she even know about the other girl? I dont know about all girls but most girls I know would probably respect you a lot more if you told her that youre sorry but you made a mistake last time and cant see her anymore.

Comment

Ok, I talked to the girl. I told her that after what happened last year, it wouldnt be fair to my girlfriend if we were to hang out. She told me that she is fine with just bein friends, but still wanted to see me. I told her that we lost the chance to be friends when we did what we did. That was it. Thanks for the advice, I guess I already knew what to do, just needed to hear it from others.

Comment

Dude youre like 22 right? live your life don't be held down by some she devil of the sea. 2 years man... that's along time.

Comment

lol.... got a good chuckle from this.

i say if you dig your girl then skip it... no point in causing any tension.

Originally posted by Mr incredible
                        Stay right away, but then again your girlfriend has probably already fucked one of your buddies by now anyway so it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                          I went through this same thing with a friend I had known since high school. (8-9 years) It sucks to not be able to be friends anymore but its a tiny price to pay for getting another chance. I told her the last time I saw her that I couldnt see her or talk to her again, basically have a nice life. I would like to talk to her again one day and be friends but my girlfriend is WAY more important than that.

Dont do it if you really care about your girl, even if you wouldnt do anything with the other girl. Your girlfriend deserves the respect.
                          AMEN!!! It's official. Not all guy's suck!!

I had a relationship with someone where it couldnt quite work out. It was intense and emotional for 5 years. But contact had to end. I contacted him about a year after simply because i just wanted to say hello and make sure he was alive and happy. He told me in 2 sentences or less, that he had a girlfriend, and even though he cared about my well being, that we could not be friends, or talk at all. Broke my heart, but I said in two words or less, Goodbye! No if's , but's, what if's about it. And I repect him more now than i ever did & I feel so happy & content that i didn't waste my time loving a man that was not honourable.

You did the right thing. Your only young, but trust us oldies here, a suck on the di({ by a chick who thinks your hot everytime she passes through town, is not worth losing a women who will raise your children and stand by you through thick and thin.

Comment

Working...
                          X