My sister is engaged to the world's biggest loser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My sister is engaged to the world's biggest loser

Well, she has been going out with this dude for like two years. He's worthless! He's like 24, relies on his aunt for money, has a shit grocery store job, can't drive, and constantly lies to everyone about everything. Not to mention he treats her like shit. The only reason he does hit her is because he's a scrawny little shit and she could probably kick his ass. I never saw what she sees in him, but now she just told me she is engaged and I know this dude is gonna ruin her life. He won't be able to support her after his aunt's generosity runs out. She is a high school teacher, so it will be tough for her to support both of them. Anyone think there is anything I can say or do? Should I just stay out of the way and let her do what she wants, even though it's so clear to everyone else that this guy is bad news??

either the guy gets on the ball or realizes what he is going to lose, which is your cousin. Ive had chick friends before who go out with guys like that. A friend of mine who is 24 also, he has been with his girl for 4 years now and doesnt work, wtf. What kind of chick is gonna want a guy like that. I wouldnt want my sister to marry a loser either who cannot support her or treats her bad.

In my opinion, i will not be ready for a good and permanent relationship till im steady, set financially, and ready for it.

Comment

This is a tough one man. I think at this point all you can do is just talk to her,and tell her exactly what you told us and hopefully she'll se your point.

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast
        This is a tough one man. I think at this point all you can do is just talk to her,and tell her exactly what you told us and hopefully she'll se your point.
        I second this.

If my sister considered a marriage with someone who I did not respect then I would sit her down and just calmly discuss the situation.

Bring up your concerns regarding his career and lack of determination and so fourth. She doesn’t see the situation through your perspective and I think she will really appreciate your points.

Comment

My sister is dating a loser too. He is the "starving artist" type and won't ever amount to much. However, he is a good guy and his heart is in the right place. As long as she is happy (and he is good to her) I won't interfere. I made some really silly choices in my past and wouldn't listen to anyone who told me anything that wasn't what I wanted hear. When it comes to matters of the heart it is best to just stay on the sidelines and watch what unfolds on the field.

Unfortunately, if she is in a "bad" relationship where he is verbally or physically abusive then you have every right IMO to beat his ass to the point where she won't want to be with him anymore. What this case sounds like though is just one of those "tell her you love her and let her make her own decisions" type of thing. Some people find happiness in different ways than others. I know that I would have been happy "living in a box" for the rest of my life with one special someone from my past.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder
            Should I just stay out of the way and let her do what she wants, even though it's so clear to everyone else that this guy is bad news??

:agree:

You interfere and she'll end up resenting you for it. All you can do is hope that she comes to her damn senses before it's too late. If she can't see all the things that seem to be so obvious to everyone else, then that leads me to believe there is more there than what meets the eye. Maybe she is the kind of person that just needs someone there to give her attention and this guy fills that void (or something of that nature).

Anyhow, I hope it all works out for the best.

Comment

Well, she is an adult, so I think I will just let her live her life and not say much unless she asks me. I'll just be keeping to myself unless the relationship becomes abusive. Even then, my dad will probably kill him long before I get the chance. Oh well, hope she comes to her senses.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Grinder
                Well, she is an adult, so I think I will just let her live her life and not say much unless she asks me. I'll just be keeping to myself unless the relationship becomes abusive. Even then, my dad will probably kill him long before I get the chance. Oh well, hope she comes to her senses.
                It will be hard to sit by and watch things unfold but like you said, as long as the relationship doesn't turn for the worse it could work for the best one way or another. Your sister has to learn from her own mistakes...

Comment

Originally posted by wnabeabeast
                  :bravonew: Tell her you are gonna stay out of her business, but you will not be able to sleep at night unless you get this off your chest, and then tell her how you feel. I would also have a talk with him and let him know that he needs to get his shit together or he may just disappear one day.

Comment

have you ever sat and talked with her about him before their relationship got serious? it almost sounds like anything now would be too little, too late

Comment

Working...
                    X