Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried a Olympic Triathlon

Guys,

I have been training and competed in my first triathlon in St Petersburg last weekend. It was a mile swim, 25 mile bike and 6.2 mile run. It took me 2 hrs and 47 minutes. I placed 7th out of 50 in my class.

I actually stopped working out with weights about 6 weeks prior to race to focus on training. I lost15 lbs and got down to 219 without dieting at all.

I now am starting back to training like a body builder for a show in September. My hope is that the shock to my body plus the rest from weights, will help me gain / keep more muscle mass when I do my show. Time will tell. I will keep you posted as to how my theory works.

ICEberg

What motivates you to do these type of events (e.g. triathalon, iron man...)?

Comment

Both of my brothers do them, and they said that I could not because I did no cardio and was too bulky. That was the challenge, but it was actually fun. It was a great rush everytime I passed someone on the bike or on the run.

Comment

Congrats, that's awesome...... Do you plan on doing this again?

Comment

Congrats man.

I do quite a few triathlons every year. usually about 4 or 5 oly distance and end the year with a 1/2 ironman. sub 3 for your first oly is very admirable. what was your splits? At 6 foot 1 230 lbs I am sure your swim time is what got you?

Anyway, that is great. I hope you continue doing an occaisional race rather than just give it up completely.

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25326

Comment

Because of all the endurance training, my weight is more like 218-220, but it is almost impossible to not lose weight.

Splits:
            swim at 1.47 per 100 yards
            bike at 19 mph pace
            run at 8:51 mile pace

I definately will do more triathlons, I now just need to see if I can keep in body building shape as well.

Originally posted by Tinfish
            Congrats man.

I do quite a few triathlons every year. usually about 4 or 5 oly distance and end the year with a 1/2 ironman. sub 3 for your first oly is very admirable. what was your splits? At 6 foot 1 230 lbs I am sure your swim time is what got you?

Anyway, that is great. I hope you continue doing an occaisional race rather than just give it up completely.

Because of all the endurance training, my weight is more like 218-220, but it is almost impossible to not lose weight.

Splits:
            swim at 1.47 per 100 yards
            bike at 19 mph pace
            run at 8:51 mile pace

I definately will do more triathlons, I now just need to see if I can keep in body building shape as well.

http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...ad.php?t=25326

Comment

Working...
            X