CRASHED MY R1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRASHED MY R1

some crazy pulled out in front of me while I had the right of way and the green light today resulting in me to hard brake, skid, slide and DUMP my bike. My knee is hamburger and I think I may have a slight shoulder separation. I will find out tomorrow when I go to the hospital. My bike still runs, but I need a new skin for the right side of my bike, blinker, and my pipe reattached.

The lady in her car saw that I stood up after sliding for 20+ feet, limping and dazed and then drove off, unfucking believable.

The last three weeks have been full of crazy stuff like this. I may need to just stay in for a while.

Week 1:

Emerald Cup (everything great there for everyone)-
    My lady and best friend won their classes.
    http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results/06/emerald_cup.htm (yep, that's right)

BUT, I got food poisoning on the way home.
    Both laptops, destroyed on the way home by the airline and then told, "well, that's too bad. we can't help you."

Week 2:

Junior Nationals USA (my lady didn't do as well as hoped- too much muscle for that group and the RUDE center judge: Sandy Ranalli

http://www.ftvideo.com/genex/results/06/jrusa.htm

However, the judges made quite a statement both with their results and from the mouth of head judge Sandi Ranalli who berated the competitors in several instances for standing in too much of a flexed posture, at times telling the women literally to "relax - stop flexing!"
    Week 3:

Ass chewed by both professors, Capstone Class (BA-499 business planning) & Computer Science D-base (SQL) for missing class for being out of town when they said it was okay in the first place

Missed two of my semi-pro football games--coach is on my ass. AND now I will miss this Saturday's game with shoulder and knee injury.

Hopefully, this stuff all comes in threes and I will be done with some of this weird crap for a while. AMEN for the two pain pills I had laying around from an injury I had 8mos ago or I would be able to type this email.

I still can't believe the lady just drove off without checking to see if I was okay. In Oregon, it is considered a Felony hit and run since she created the accident, causing my crash. Nothing like filing a claim on a hit and run..you know my insurance company is going to love this one, no license plate number or anything.

I mean, come on, at least check on the person you could have almost killed (i know that sounded dramatic, but I am on a motorcycle, not in another car).

Pissed, injured, and not able to lift or play or ride my bike...

this sucks!
    Last edited by DS-COUSIN; 05-05-06, 01:59 AM.

wow dont know what to say - that sucks!!! congrats to your girl though pretty awsome.

Comment

Sorry to hear, that's crappy! Didn't sound dramatic to me, you definitely could have been killed - did you call the police?

Comment

First of all, I love the fact that you told us that you were concerned about the bike after stating that your knee was hamburger. I am the same way bro :D...

As for your knee - what does "hamburger" constitute?

Congrats to your gf on her placings. That is quite impressive man.

3 is a very symbolic number in most ancient religions and you should be lucky to have it on your side. I hope things get better soon.

As for the hit and run, the exact same scenario happened to me a little over a year ago. The insurance company shouldn't give you a hard time if you have a good relationship with your agent and don't do this type of thing often. My agent treated me like a superstar ;)....

Comment

Glad to hear youre at least semi-OK. As in breathing and whatnot. Were there any other witnesses. They can often be more help than the person who actually caused the accident because they arent going to try to get out of it by saying it was your fault. Also, I wouldnt hold off on the hospital even a few hours if possible. The sooneer you get worked on the sooner you will recover.

Comment

I can't believe the other people around didn't get the lady's plate. I assume you didn't actually hit her, so she probably thought she wasn't going to be in trouble. Unfortuanatly this is a pain in the ass because there isn't any vehicle contact.

Comment

wow, terrible news...hope you recover soon...tell your girl to keep her chin up and kekep doing shows, she'll place better and better. You have to realise, it's not so easy to win the Emerald Cup and go on from there all the way on the other coast...a lot of the competitors around here compete around here all the time

I saw a hit-and-run on tv today, some show, 24 maybe, I don't even know...it's awful, nothing to do

Comment

NYC- thanks bro..shit happens

FB- the lady drove off, nobody got the plate, it's useless to call up and say, "A middle aged white woman in a four-door late model Buick pulled out in front of me causing me to lay down my motorcycle." If you knew what town I lived in, that would be funny to you. It's like asking you to track down an elderly person in AZ, they are EVERYWHERE. I filed a report though. So far, nothing and I don't expect much.

Fog Hat- Not really hamburger, just like someone took a cheese grader to my entire right knee. Damn, I miss my bike man and it's only been one day. I had been waiting for this time of the year for a while. I don't want to claim it, I just changed my insurance company. I will just deal pay for it out of my pocket.

Rockiller: Tons of witnesses, but they didn't get a plate either and I have a little spare cash saved and I will use my contacts at the cycle shop and my buddies body shop. I will just eat this one, but not the next one. I went to the doc today, slight shoulder separation, rotator cuff injury for sure, cheese grader knee and figner problem (fracture or severe sprain).

Shibby: you are right, I stopped 6ft-8ft from her car an didn't run into here. BUT I do have 6 phone numbers for witnesses if I need them.

Okay, bed time..see yall and thanks for the support..

Comment

Update:

My shoulder is in a sling 90% of the day, feeling better except in the morning and when I try to get my big ass dressed after a shower...

My cheese grader knee is beginning to get harder and when I sit for a while and then try to walk around, it rips the skin...great feeling.

The R1, $2350 to fix everything back to new. 80% is plastic and an $800 exhaust. I convinced them to replace essential parts and fix my pipe...I'm in and out for $400. I will have the rest fixed while I am recovering from my June 26th surgery.

okay, back to not trying to fall asleep on these drugs they gave me and do more research on my business plan... :D

PS, I spoke to my friend at the police department and he said no cameras, no nothing in that area. Told me I was screwed and then he bought me lunch. (I go to school with his daughter).
                  Last edited by DS-COUSIN; 05-08-06, 12:03 AM.

Comment

go Y;

I feel ya. I am still performing spin control on that. She always seems to go through something after these shows, whether she wins or not. It's a sense of purpose she needs to stay focused and relaxed. Since this past show, which is the first real time she has faced adversity of this nature, it's increasingly difficult to get her out of her funk. She is doing Chicago for sure, so she will be back at it on Mon. A few days in the gym and good food in her and her clarity will cause the fog to lift from around her.

Both of us appreciate your support.

Originally posted by go Yankees
                    wow, terrible news...hope you recover soon...tell your girl to keep her chin up and kekep doing shows, she'll place better and better. You have to realise, it's not so easy to win the Emerald Cup and go on from there all the way on the other coast...a lot of the competitors around here compete around here all the time

I saw a hit-and-run on tv today, some show, 24 maybe, I don't even know...it's awful, nothing to do

Comment

Originally posted by DS-COUSIN
                      go Y;

I feel ya. I am still performing spin control on that. She always seems to go through something after these shows, whether she wins or not. It's a sense of purpose she needs to stay focused and relaxed. Since this past show, which is the first real time she has faced adversity of this nature, it's increasingly difficult to get her out of her funk. She is doing Chicago for sure, so she will be back at it on Mon. A few days in the gym and good food in her and her clarity will cause the fog to lift from around her.

Both of us appreciate your support.
                      So this whole mental crash after a show is somewhat normal?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                        So this whole mental crash after a show is somewhat normal?
                        absolutely...you go from looking like Michaelangelo's David to David from the corner pizza store in 2 weeks, that doesn't have a great effect on you

Foghat, when you compete more, and win shows, and then lose shows you think you should have won, or do worse than you think you should have, you'll see a new, even harsher side to competing. That, and a couple other things, work together to drive some people right out of competitive bodybuilding

Comment

sucks man... sorry to hear about the bad luck... but glad you are ok.

Comment

Originally posted by go Yankees
                            absolutely...you go from looking like Michaelangelo's David to David from the corner pizza store in 2 weeks, that doesn't have a great effect on you

Foghat, when you compete more, and win shows, and then lose shows you think you should have won, or do worse than you think you should have, you'll see a new, even harsher side to competing. That, and a couple other things, work together to drive some people right out of competitive bodybuilding
                            Well, the reason I asked is because I seem to be having that problem. I have been beating myself up for not coming in leaner and crap like that. I have also been really negative lately because I loved how I looked those last few weeks and now I look like I'm 4 weeks out and my stomach feels SO bloated that I just want to poke a hole in it.

If you want to keep talking about this I'll start another thread so as not to completely hijack DS's thread.

Comment

go Y: Thanks for answer Fog's questions. I could not agree more with you.

Fog: A sense of panic and all the things go-Y said in the above threads are all true. She is in a panic, etc. It's wearing me down...I am just trying to weather the storm of emotions...all over the board.

Ixorl: Thanks man. I am feeling much better. Still pissed that woman drove off without stopping to see if I was okay...I could have broke my neck. Maybe it was just my karma. No biggie, I'm healing and will be back on my bike soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                              X