Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Limewire Question

Hello computer friends -

I am trying to download a Chopin "best of" album (90,000kb's) and my connection is adequate. However, once I get about 20% of the thing downloaded it tells me I need more sources. I have clicked on the search source button etc but it just isn't wanting to work for me.

What am I doing wrong?

What can I do to get the whole album?

Am I just hopeless :D?

I don't use limewire, but it's a P2P application so I can't imagine it could be any different than bittorrent software or kazaa (thank god I don't use that anymore). It's probably just that you and all of the sources limewire is downloading the files from only have about 20% of the data. If one of your sources isn't a complete file, a "seed", than you're not going to be able to complete the download. I guess theoretically you could complete it without a seed if your sources had all of the pieces of the file and together you could make a complete file, but I don't know much about file-sharing technology. You're probably not doing anything wrong...this time. :D

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
      I don't use limewire, but it's a P2P application so I can't imagine it could be any different than bittorrent software or kazaa (thank god I don't use that anymore). It's probably just that you and all of the sources limewire is downloading the files from only have about 20% of the data. If one of your sources isn't a complete file, a "seed", than you're not going to be able to complete the download. I guess theoretically you could complete it without a seed if your sources had all of the pieces of the file and together you could make a complete file, but I don't know much about file-sharing technology. You're probably not doing anything wrong...this time. :D
      ahldkaf d apppkc,,c ahdceetihqqz dka'so

That's what all of that sounded like to me ;).

If I had to take a stab at interpreting it, would it be safe to say that it is impossible to download the album if I continue to get that notice?

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
        ahldkaf d apppkc,,c ahdceetihqqz dka'so

That's what all of that sounded like to me ;).

If I had to take a stab at interpreting it, would it be safe to say that it is impossible to download the album if I continue to get that notice?
        Ha ha ha. Let me explain: Fnpxid brxpoc pbiaebr qbpiuwb bapwi ughapi ush zphibdtb aohiv jrgvu avau osg ao lkxdrou nkbj au soug bio xub cg dbrnjg vajv uoy giph sdb g.

Hope that clears some things up. :laughnew:

I found this on the limewire website. I guess I don't know what I'm talking about. Nothing new, huh?

http://limewire.org/wiki/index.php?t...Questions#dow1

Comment

That happens. Just means it needs more people with the file to download from. Just keep clicking on it and hitting resume and hopefully it'll find something. Other than that, if you're trying to do a whole album, you'd be better off using bittorrent instead.

Comment

the person might be cutting you off. some times limewire makes me go ape shit. good luck

Comment

Working...
            X