sunspot remover cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sunspot remover cream

Anyone know of any kind of cream that I can pick up at eckerds or walgreens that is made to remove sunspots on the face. I have a small pinkish sunspot that has been on my cheek for about 2 years now(tanning). I have seen commercials and shit and was wondering if any of those creams do anything. I know there is lasers and all that can remove it but if I can get a cream that will work I would like to try that.

I seriously doubt there is anything OTC that will actually remove a spot. Maybe a dermatologist would have something RX? Get out of that tanning bed!

Comment

If it's been there 2 years it's not a sunspot. Just got my sutures out this morning from 3rd skin cancer I've had removed in the last 1 and a half years. this one was on my chest and he gutted me like a hog. He gave me a couple of samples of some cream to try on what is probably an age spot on my face that's been there for a year or so. If you don't know for sure what it is go see a dermatologist. Don't wait, if it's something else it's just gonna get worse. And stay outa tha freakin tanning bed!

Comment

Dude, get to the Dr.! I have had several spots removed, by scapel and freezing. That shit can be bad and I have never even seen a tanning bed, just work outside.

Comment

havent tanned in about a year.

have already been to a doc and they said it was nothing.

i dont think sunspot is the right term for this. this is more like a little blood vessel spot (about the size of a pencil eraser). anyway, its more pinkish then the rest of my face and it bugs me. i always feel like there is a little pimple there.

anyone know what im talking about? like a blood vessel spot or something?

Comment

i found this.

Blood Vessels

As we age, extra blood vessels appear on the skin. Three types of blood vessels are most common.

* Telangectasias. are blood vessel lines and blotches that occur on the face, neck, and upper chest. These are caused frm sun damage, flushing or blushing, some skin diseases such as adult acne (acne rosecea) and excessive use of cortisone-type skin creams. Other activities which greatly increase the blood flow to the face such as vigorous exercise, hot spicy foods and drinks, alcohol, hottubs, etc. may aggravate this problem. It may be possible to prevent telangectasias due to flushing by using a cold damp towel on the face during vigorous exercise, during use of hot tubs or at other times when there is marked facial flushing. Sun protection with sunscreen products and a hat can also help to prevent this problem. Telangectasias are best removed with Krypton, KTP, copper vapor, continuous wave dye, or flash lamp pulsed dye lasers.

* Cherry angiomas. are small bright red, mole-like spots on the skin. These spots are easily removed with laser, electrocautery, or surgery. Getting rid of these lesions will remove one of the tell-tale signs of aging.

Comment

You're not really that old though are you bro? I wouldn't imagine "aging" things like that would really start to show up until mid to late 30's AT THE EARLIEST and THAT is still very young.

Comment

Sounds like broken capillaries, probably only laser can fix that

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                  Sounds like broken capillaries, probably only laser can fix that
                  im going to go to the doc and get a referel to get it fixed. i wonder if insurance will cover that type of thing.

Comment

Yea, I'd look into laser removal. They are always having commercials for that in my area.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                      im going to go to the doc and get a referel to get it fixed. i wonder if insurance will cover that type of thing.

Probably not. Go see a dermatologist to ensure its nothing first. But insurance usually doesn't cover anything cosmetic. I don't think it will cost you that much to have it done.

Comment

havent tanned in about a year.

have already been to a doc and they said it was nothing.

i dont think sunspot is the right term for this. this is more like a little blood vessel spot (about the size of a pencil eraser). anyway, its more pinkish then the rest of my face and it bugs me. i always feel like there is a little pimple there.

anyone know what im talking about? like a blood vessel spot or something?
                        Heres a shot in the dark. What you described sounded similar to what i have 3 of. They are small non melanoma skin cancer. They are by no means dangerous or deadly in any way. Two doctors have told me if i get them removed, it would be purely for cosmetic reasons and paid for out of my own pocket (but that's in Australia). You can do a google search to get pictures on the other two that you named *Telangectasias and Cherry angiomas*. So much easier to look at a picture and see if it looks the same as what you have.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xxxkazxxx
                          Heres a shot in the dark. What you described sounded similar to what i have 3 of. They are small non melanoma skin cancer. They are by no means dangerous or deadly in any way. Two doctors have told me if i get them removed, it would be purely for cosmetic reasons and paid for out of my own pocket (but that's in Australia). You can do a google search to get pictures on the other two that you named *Telangectasias and Cherry angiomas*. So much easier to look at a picture and see if it looks the same as what you have.
                          thanks for the info. the pic you posted kinda looks like there is a slight bump. mine dosent have any bump or anything. its just a a small patch that is slight pinkish and if i look close it has little blood vessels in it.

Comment

thanks for the info. the pic you posted kinda looks like there is a slight bump. mine dosent have any bump or anything. its just a a small patch that is slight pinkish and if i look close it has little blood vessels in it.
                            Back to the drawing board then :)

I guess we women are kinda lucky, we can just cover that kind of thing up with make-up crap.

Comment

Originally posted by xxxkazxxx
                              Back to the drawing board then :)

I guess we women are kinda lucky, we can just cover that kind of thing up with make-up crap.
                              haha. thanks for the info anyway though. im going to the doc tommorow so i will get the info on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X