Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who's your pick in the Kentucky Derby?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's your pick in the Kentucky Derby?

As some of you know this is what my family does for a living and we were fortunate enough to have a horse in the Kentucky Derby a few years ago (awesome experience). A close family friend (the jockey) won the Kentucky Oaks yesterday (Kentucky Derby for female horses) which was very nice because he's a great guy and deserved it.

So back to the title of this thread. Who's your pick? Here's the field and odds:

Program # Horse Current Odds
    1 Jazil 30-1
    2 Steppenwolfer 30-1
    3 Keyed Entry 30-1
    4 Sinister Minister 12-1
    5 Point Determined 12-1
    6 Showing Up 20-1
    7 Bob And John 12-1
    8 Barbaro 4-1
    9 Sharp Humor 20-1
    10 A. P. Warrior 15-1
    11 Sweetnorthernsaint 10-1
    12 Private Vow 50-1
    13 Bluegrass Cat 30-1
    14 Deputy Glitters 50-1
    15 Seaside Retreat 50-1
    16 Cause To Believe 50 -1
    17 Lawyer Ron 4-1
    18 Brother Derek 3-1
    19 Storm Treasure 50 -1
    20 Flashy Bull 50-1

A. P. Warrior will win.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
      A. P. Warrior will win.

"will win" eh... lol. A little confident are we :D

I haven't looked at the racing form yet (shows all the prior stats of each horse's previous races), so I'm not picking yet. I think I might go to the track today and bet on a few.

I believe there is a thing online where if you pick the first four finishers in order you can win $1,000,000.

You can also place a bet like that at the racetrack called a Superfecta that if it hits you'll probably get pretty close to that.

The guy that I'm friends with who rode the winner of the Kentucky Oaks yesterday won the race on a horse that was 47-1, it was the highest odds every for a Kentucky Oaks winner. And for those of you that don't bet too often that means that for every $2 you bet to win on that horse you got back $96. Pretty rare but pretty nice when it does turn out that way!

Comment

I always pick horses that have a "fighting name".

My favorite horse was "War Emblem"

Also a fan of the older horse, "War Admiral"

Comment

We've had a few in the same bloodline as War Admiral. Don't you just love the way Thoroughbred Racehorses look....So lean, muscular, and powerful and when they're all groomed and cleaned up they just look amazing.

Comment

Point Determined to win.

4 way Exacta Box:
            Point Determined,
            Bob & John,
            Sweetnorthernsaint,
            Steppenwolfer.

Comment

You should box them all in a Superfecta.......Might cost a little more but God forbid it hits and you didn't bet it.....

I'm about to head to the track in a few hours. I love the triple crown races! My dad is training at Churchill right now too but he'll usually just stay in the barn area in the back to avoid the big rush of people. Like they say, "Most exciting 2 minutes in sports!"

Comment

Working...
              X