Americans wearing Canadian flags for international travel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Americans wearing Canadian flags for international travel

During news and political shows, I keep hearing people making refrences to giving there friends a Canadian flag to put on there carry on's and such. Is it really that bad with americans being targets, or are people just being paranoid.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember. I think that as long as you keep a low profile and don't draw attention to yourself, you'll be fine. Since the US govt tends to generate strong emotions in a lot of people, I wouldn't walk around with a stars and strips shirt or with US flag decals all over my luggage, but otherwise, you don't have to do anything as drastic as becoming Canadian temporarily.

Comment

i find the canadians who plaster their flag all over themselves obnoxious as well...it's almost a passive aggressive sort of superiority complex and it's bs. Travelling a lot myself, I get mistaken for an American all the time (as i don't wear flags) and it's mainly the other tourists who are presumptuous, the locals want my money no matter where i earned it.

Comment

I think it depends where you go, if you go where american military have occupied for a sustained period, there's probably gonna be some traditional ill feeling from the GI's bumping all the local women and making prostitution so popular, like Thailand, Philipines etc

otherwise I've never seen it

Comment

Working...
        X