Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Da Vinci Code (2006)

Who has seen it and what do you think?

I was really looking forward to this one until I read the reviews..

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/da_vinci_code/

I rarely ever even read a review - I still like to see for myself. I look forward to this movie - loved the book.

Comment

it was a solid movie.... cool story

it started to dragg for me towards the end.

i was expecting it to be better based on the hype of the book and all.... but its still a good movie.

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
        I rarely ever even read a review - I still like to see for myself. I look forward to this movie - loved the book.
        If you've read the book then you're definetly not going to like the movie sweetie...

Maybe if I ever get around to asking you out for a date then we could read a book together ;)....

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
          If you've read the book then you're definetly not going to like the movie sweetie...

Maybe if I ever get around to asking you out for a date then we could read a book together ;)....

That's what I'm afraid of....

I'll read you the piercing manual...;)

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
            That's what I'm afraid of....

I'll read you the piercing manual...;)
            I have heard it over and over again - it just skips too many details and emphasizes things that aren't that important to the storyline...

Touche (or in my language/dialect - HOT DAMN....:P)

Comment

Not interested in seeing the movie but I'm reading the book.

Comment

I havent seen the movie yet I plan on it, but have not had the time. I loved the book, and am reading angels and demons at the moment.

This is my fav quote about the movie

"There are moments when this film, like Tom Hanks' hair, laid there like a limp noodle.

Comment

Angels and Demons is a good book too...

Comment

I liked the Da Vinci Code, but I felt like Angels and Demons was a better book and would have made a better movie. I think the only reason for Da Vinci Code was the implications it made.

Comment

For those of you who liked the book and also read Angels and Demons, be sure to check out Deception Point also by Dan Brown..It's a little longer than the other two books, around 700 pages but I enjoyed it.

Comment

Oh I read that too - good book :)

Comment

I saw Da Vinci code but I didn't read the book. I feel like I need to see it again to really understand it. You can kind of tell that they were really cramming to fit too much information into two hours of movie. I did read angels and demons however, and thought it was awesome.

Comment

And while I'm at it...check out anything by Chuck Palaniuk, he wrote Fight Club long before the movie came out; it's my favorite book. Check out survivor by him also, I wish we had a book/magazine forum because I feel bad posting this in here but I can't resist recommending fight club...the book and movie had a strong impression on my life. i.e material possessions.

Comment

I liked the movie, I read all of Dan Brown's books, Digital Fotress is my fav. The movie stayed as close to the book as they could, alot was left out but I was still entertained.

Comment

Working...
                              X