Former Arizona D'Backs pitcher Grimsley targeted by Feds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Arizona D'Backs pitcher Grimsley targeted by Feds

Jason Grimsley, a former pitcher for the Arizona Diamondbacks, had his house searched by federal agents in an investigation into performance-enhancing drug use in Major League Baseball. Grimsley supposedly ratted out a few other players, as well as confessing to his own drug use

For those of you who want to throw around asterisks, remember that Grimsley was on the 1999 Yankee team that swept the Braves to win the World Series that year. If you think Bonds' records should be thrown out, maybe you should take a look at that Yankee championship. Or maybe not...who's to say some of the Braves players weren't using performance-enhancers too?

Here is the article:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2473485

ya i seen that last night he got busted with GH. i dont think he is not that bright by confessing and then tellin on others. he could of said it was for his wife and if you dont belive me test me! (there is no test for GH) he would still be playin right now. just so you guys know if you ever get in trouble for something like that dont say a word to the cops just ask for a laywer. no matter how smart you think you are! they are not there to help you either they are there to bust you and as many people as they can.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKETW19
      just so you guys know if you ever get in trouble for something like that dont say a word to the cops just ask for a laywer. no matter how smart you think you are! they are not there to help you
      Just to add, this applies to everything related to police, and that usually includes traffic citations.

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on the Bonds thing (not to bring up that arguement in another thread). It will be interesting to see the steroids issue spread over more of baseball instead of a few well known stars.

Comment

words from my attorney friend: "When you get in trouble, for anything, SHUT UP and GET AN ATTORNEY...PERIOD!"

Comment

Originally posted by DS-COUSIN
          "When you get in trouble, for anything, SHUT UP and GET AN ATTORNEY...PERIOD!"
          Very sound advice....

Comment

I heard the feds were trying to put pressure on him to roll over on bonds, and when he wouldn't they took him down. That is what his attorney said at least

Comment

Feds should doing more with their time and OUR money. Time for taxpayers to stand up, we don't have to take this shit from our shitty, greedy, corrupt government.

Comment

He's going to sing like a mocking bird.....He's already started to mention names and I think it's a matter of time before the names get leaked just like before.

Comment

what a rat

Comment

I think they should really start applying pressure on some of these bat boys. Some of them look a little too big for 13 year olds. It's a damn shame. Bat boys on steroids, what's next?

Obviously I'm being facicious, but where the hell does this steroid phobia end for fuck sake? The media is having a field day cause now they have a "story". Just let us enjoy the game of baseball....steroids or not.

Comment

Some names have already come out, Grimsley talked about David Segui who says he did HGH legally. More names are gonna come out I agree with LMG he is going to sing.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
                        Obviously I'm being facicious, but where the hell does this steroid phobia end for fuck sake? The media is having a field day cause now they have a "story". Just let us enjoy the game of baseball....steroids or not.

I don't think it's a roid phobia. Most of this controversy is drummed up because for so many years, fans and players themselves have been thinking they're seeing unbelievable athletes. Now it comes out that some have been using, and the whole game has been cheated. The players, the fans, everyone is now asking about any player who fluctuates in size, batting average or homers if they are on steriods. It's not fair to those who don't use, and it's not fair to the fans. Some of huge numbers and records have possibly been achieved unfairly.

Comment

Working...
                        X