Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday June 15th Baseball

Seattle Mariners vs. Oakland As

Sorry no time for usual in-depth writeup, but did do the usual research as I do for all my plays. In short, here are the numbers for Ms vs Loaiza

Suzuki 0.364
    Beltre 0.273
    Lopez 0.333
    Ibanez 0.455
    Sexson 0.000
    Everett 0.583
    Johjima 0.667
    Reed 0.500
    Betancourt 0.500

Only Sexson struggles against him going 0-10 career. Everyone else is pretty much batting .333 or better. Here are the numbers for As vs Washburn

Kotsay 0.200
    Kendall 0.000
    Chavez 0.234
    Thomas 0.176
    Crosby 0.111
    Bradley 0.125
    Swisher 0.000
    Payton 0.400
    Johnson 0.333
    Kielty 0.263
    Scutaro 0.400

Payton and Johnson have good numbers but that’s only with a combined total of 8 at bats. Scutaro is the only one with consistency against him at 0.400 with 10 at bats. What’s interesting is the first 2/3 of the lineup is batting low 0.200s and below against him. Also As don’t bat as well against lefties as they do righties, 0.229 at home vs lefties for the season.

I think Washburn is good for at least 6 innings and most likely 7 innings today. Loaiza will go at best 6 innings and most likely 4-5 innings and hopefully they will knock him around early. Both teams pens have been solid lately. The Ms pen have only given up 11 ER in their last 10 games in a little over 31 innings of relief equating to an ERA of 3.16. The As pen has also only given up 11 ERs in their last 10 games but given it up in about 27 innings of relief equating to a 3.76 ERA. These two teams have faced each other 9 times already this season. In those meetings, the Ms pen have only given up runs to the As in 2 of the 9 games. They’ve given a total of 6 ERs in a little over 26 innings of relief equating to a 2.05 ERA. However, the As pen, in that span, have given up runs in 6 of those 9 meetings. They’ve given up a total of 11 ERs in about 19 innings of relief equating to a 5.30 ERA. Now I see why the As have dominated the Ms this year, their starting pitching have been solid so that they didn’t have to rely on the pen as much. Not gonna happen today with Loaiza.

Only thing that concerns me on this play is that the As are hot and usually hot teams get fluky breaks and win games that they shouldn’t. I’ll play the percentages. Ms have the edge on bats vs. starting pitching. They also have the edge in the bullpen. I see the Ms take a lead early and play prevent defense/pitching to hang on to the win.
Working...
X