X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA FInals Game 4

DALLAS MAVERICKS -1 @ MIAMI HEAT >>>> OVER 190
    Dallas at Miami 9:00 pm EDT NBA Finals Mavericks lead, 2-1

By refusing to lose in Game Three, Dwyane Wade has given the Miami Heat new life in the NBA Finals.

Wade hopes to be fully recovered from a sore left knee Thursday when the Heat look to even their series against the Dallas Mavericks, who are still smarting from Tuesday's collapse.

Dallas was on its way to taking a nearly insurmountable 3-0 series lead when it outscored Miami, 34-16, in the third quarter and led by 13 points with less than seven minutes remaining.

That's when Wade took charge. Despite playing with a painful knee - injured in a third-quarter collision with teammate Shaquille O'Neal - he scored 12 of his 42 points during a closing 22-7 run to lead the Heat to a 98-96 victory.

"We're a very strong-willed team," Wade said. "We all believe in each other. When we're down and out, you know, we always feel we can come back. We have done it plenty of times."

Tying his postseason career high in points, Wade was 14-of-26 from the floor, made 13-of-18 free throws and grabbed 13 rebounds. He spent most of Wednesday getting treatment for his knee.

Following two disappointing games in Dallas, O'Neal scored 16 points and had 11 rebounds. The three-time Finals MVP was 4-of-6 from the foul line, including two with 1:47 left, after sinking just 2-of-16 in the series.

Dirk Nowitzki scored 30 points for Dallas - his sixth 30-point performance of the playoffs. He has made 26-of-29 free throws in the series, missing one with three seconds remaining which would have tied the game.

Josh Howard scored 21 points, Jason Terry had 16 and Erick Dampier 14 for the Mavericks, who were outrebounded, 49-35, including a 16-7 difference off the offensive glass.

"This is a team that really detests losing," Mavericks coach Avery Johnson said. "But ... give the Heat some credit. They made some nice adjustments. They played hard. They didn't quit. And like I've said all along, we've been down like that before, and we've come back."

Game Five will be at Miami on Sunday in the 2-3-2 Finals format.

I think the Heat can win this now. One more game at home, which I believe they will win, then they take one in Dallas.

Comment

Originally posted by bad14u
      I think the Heat can win this now. One more game at home, which I believe they will win, then they take one in Dallas.
      I think that this series is and has been the Heat's to win or lose. If the Heat play well, Dallas isn't gonna beat them. If the Heat make too many mistakes, Dallas is going to take advantage of those mistakes and win. I was surprised that the Heat blew em out by 22 though. Mark Cuban must be friggin pissed. It was worth staying up until 12:30 to see that look on his face. :D

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
        I think that this series is and has been the Heat's to win or lose. If the Heat play well, Dallas isn't gonna beat them. If the Heat make too many mistakes, Dallas is going to take advantage of those mistakes and win. I was surprised that the Heat blew em out by 22 though. Mark Cuban must be friggin pissed. It was worth staying up until 12:30 to see that look on his face. :D
        :bravonew: and :laughnew: about Mark!

Comment

Working...
        X