Someone explain if you can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone explain if you can

How if you Fall in love with someone and that person falls in love with you. How can you just Fall out of love. That is one thing that I do not understand. If you are so much in love with that person you can't just fall out of love can you?

I dont believe you can...if you truly love someone, I think it stays with you for your whole life??? But Ive never been in love...so I dont know...just my opinion.

Comment

lover is a figment of your imagination. sex on the other hand, is real

Comment

You can love the idea of someone and that can be very romantic and exciting at first.
        To truly be IN LOVE with someone, it has to be mutual and the two feel they simply could not live without each other.

Many confuse the "idea" with the "feeling".

Comment

You can fall completely in love with someone and they can do the same with you. But over time as each other's lives change so does the love for them. They are no longer still the same person that you first fell in love with. You may either continue to fall back in love with the person they keep becoming or may only love the person they were.

Comment

I think that over time you can fall out of love with someone. This probably happens because of certain acts that he/she does or does not do during this period changes. And for some people just one wrong act could alter "in love" to "in like"

Comment

Also, don't confuse "in love" with "in lust." "Lust" fades and becomes boring and old because it lacks the newness that spawned it.

"In love" is a romantic, twitterpaited feeling, it can fade, but it can alter and grow as well.

"Love" is a mature and nurtured feeling.

You can be both "in love" and "love" at the same time.

Comment

Love to me is a bottle of chloroform, and a soft cotton hankerchief.

To me, that is love.

Comment

Originally posted by Auriflex
                  Love to me is a bottle of chloroform, and a soft cotton hankerchief.

To me, that is love.
                  You always add a different aspect to each and every thread on this board

:rofl:

Comment

I think people change also. They might have been in love for the moment, and then they change and realize that it wasn't what they wanted. But people who are REALLY in love don't just fall out of love with each other, because you want to be with that person for the rest of your life and you make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Shibby
                      You can fall completely in love with someone and they can do the same with you. But over time as each other's lives change so does the love for them. They are no longer still the same person that you first fell in love with. You may either continue to fall back in love with the person they keep becoming or may only love the person they were.
                      Well said...and evidence of the truth of this statement can easily be found. If you run into one of your past loves, one you think you might still love, strike up an conversation with them. If they've changed, you'll realize very quickly that you only loved who they WERE, not who they currently are.

Comment

Originally posted by hitmansb
                        Well said...and evidence of the truth of this statement can easily be found. If you run into one of your past loves, one you think you might still love, strike up an conversation with them. If they've changed, you'll realize very quickly that you only loved who they WERE, not who they currently are.

good point

Comment

What pisses m eoff is the woman use that excuse all the time...I am just not in love with you. But when you ask why they really can't give you a reason.

Comment

It's because sometimes women, just like anyone else, are afraid that telling the real truth will be more painful. Sometimes you believe (albeit wrongfull) that a white lie will spare feelings and avoid some hurt. But we all know that it hurts more when we have hope for something that really isn't there.

Comment

Working...
                            X