Ipod Alternatives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod Alternatives

Well, I know Bouncer sayd youre gay if you have an Ipod and I know that alot of people have them and they have a ton of stuff for them.

I have several different vehicles that arent driven very often but I want to have tunes. My friend recently installed a stereo in his sand car with just an amp that connects to his Ipod. No deck at all. That way, no sand can get in it and wreck it. I have ruined 3 CD players now because of sand and dirt.

What do you use and why? Anything coming out soon? I'm not in a big rush. How about an MP3 player that plays XM too? now that would kick ass.

http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/sa...-unveiled.html

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
      Bouncer sayd youre gay if you have an Ipod
      :usausausa

Comment

Damn it Rado, dont go fuckin up my thread. This is important.

I found some that are XM/MP3 but they are only 1 Gig. Seems too small to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
          Damn it Rado, dont go fuckin up my thread. This is important.

I found some that are XM/MP3 but they are only 1 Gig. Seems too small to me.

yea...for me 1 Gig would be way to small...i have to much music and the stupid thing about that for me is that i dont even listen to half of it...i just have it for the times i have friends/girls in the car that arent into what i listen to (metal, hardcore, gangster rap).

but i guess they firgured that u only need 1 gig since u have the XM thing and would listen to the radio alot too so not much need for the extra memory. but idunno.

Comment

Not to sound too much like you Rado but price doesnt really matter. :laughnew: I dont have to have it right now either. Basically I want something that I can put in my car or my office and listen to XM or mp3's and then I can keep it in my pocket and plug it into my amp to have some tunes in my off road stuff.

The ones I saw were all 1 Gig memory. My friend has a 1 gig ipod and its too small. Its not like I lisren to a ton of different stuff but I dont really want to get rid of it once I have it.

Comment

iriver makes and excellent product - give them a shot...

Comment

Well this mp3 player doesnt play xm, but its the largest flash player (perfect for the gym) right now at 6gb.....
                http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Cata...3_Players.aspx

I had it for a few days and I liked it but I wasnt a fan of their click wheel, so I got an ipod nano. The nano's battery life sucks and it scratches easily, but their click wheel is so smooth and their are so many accesories (sp). This is pretty cool, plan on getting it soon ............ http://www.apple.com/ipod/nike/sync.html

Comment

Thanks for the links guys, I think its going to be the Pioneer Inno so far. But with a car setup and everything it will be $400. That's a lot of cash for some tunes but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                  X