MySpace gains top ranking of US Web sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MySpace gains top ranking of US Web sites

Am I the only one that has no clue what the hell "myspace" even is? I must hear about it 5 times a day and yet I would be hard pressed to tell anyone what the hell it is and why I would want to go there? lol

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Online teen hangout MySpace.com ranked as the No. 1 U.S. Web site last week, displacing Yahoo Inc.'s top-rated e-mail gateway and Google Inc.'s search site, Internet tracking firm Hitwise said on Tuesday.

News Corp.'s MySpace accounted for 4.46 percent of all U.S. Internet visits for the week ending July 8, pushing it past Yahoo Mail for the first time and outpacing the home pages for Yahoo, Google and Microsoft's MSN Hotmail.

Hitwise does not provide figures for the number of unique visitors to a site.

MySpace, which dominates social networking on the Web, also gained share in June from other sites that aim to create virtual communities online for sharing music, photos or other interests, Hitwise said.

MySpace captured nearly 80 percent of visits to online social networking sites, up from 76 percent in April. A distant second was FaceBook at 7.6 percent.

Rupert Murdoch's News Corp bought MySpace for $580 million one year ago as part of a strategy to rapidly build up the media conglomerate's Internet presence.

I'm with you, man. I've never even been to the website. Don't plan to. Sounds pretty lame to me.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
      lol....I still don't have a myspace account:rofl:
      Im not so sure about that..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endid=13165747

Comment

It depends what it's used for I guess. I think it it's pretty cool I've been able to get back in touch w/old Army buddies that I've lost contact w/through the years cuz of duty station changes.

Comment

Got me I have no time for that stuff

Comment

Someone I met on an Internet dating site got me involved in myspace, & I ended up meeting more women through Myspace than I did through dating sites. That being said...I can't knock it.

Also, it may have started off as primarily a teen thing, but there are tons of adults on it. I realize that a lot of people don't have time for myspace, but a lot of people probably don't have time for message boards either.

Edited because I el stupido & made no sense.
            Last edited by SonofBone; 07-11-06, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone
              I realize that a lot of people don't have time for message boards, but a lot of people probably don't have time for message boards either.
              :dunno:

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                Am I the only one that has no clue what the hell "myspace" even is? I must hear about it 5 times a day and yet I would be hard pressed to tell anyone what the hell it is and why I would want to go there? lol
                I'm with you bro - laughed my ass off at the Gaydo site though :D....

Comment

I read the title and wondered how many people here have an account. I've never been to the site, but have seen friends accounts........not sure I understand the idea though

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                    not sure I understand the idea though
                    You go on and make a web page about yourself. As little or as much info as you want, places for pics, video, backgound pictures which make it hard to read what you write. Then you ask people to be your friends and they get added to your list. Sounds very gay and thats what I though at first but its nice to be able to send messages and communicate with my buddys in Iraq or South Carolina and some of the people I dont get to see much. It seems like you could put the right stuff on there and pick up chicks prety easily. I have had girls try to talk to me and my page has almost nothing on it. Just some pics and it says my age and in a relationship.

Comment

Originally posted by ROCKILLER
                      I have had girls try to talk to me
                      you stud you.. :laughnew:

Comment

Its alright B, you dont have to get all jealous. I'm sure the girls that live near you are just shy. :fufool:

Comment

:laughnew:

Comment

Shit man! I almost spit my coffee allover my keyboard when I saw that. :laughnew: :laughnew: :laughnew:

Comment

Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.

Comment

Working...
                              X