Lady in the Water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady in the Water

Has anyone seen this one yet. I liked it. M. Night Shamylan is one of my favorite directors, but this movie is a little bit different than Sixth Sense of The Village, in that there isn't a surprise ending but rather it builds to a point. It's a little bit strange but all in all I liked the movie.

I like some of his stuff. 'Unbreakable' was one of the first movies that I clearly recall saying 'I hated that movie,' but I liked The Village and Sixth Sense a lot. I won't pay to see any of his movies in the theatre but I'll definitely check it out on dvd.

Comment

I have mixed feelings about his movies. I'm a sucker for horror, but when I saw it included the Big Bad Wolf - I wasn't too sure.... I'll definitely watch it on dvd

Comment

I knew when I wrote "horror" I was gonna get that.... It was for lack of a better word I guess.

Comment

His only movie that was worth a damn was The Sixth Sense.

Im sorry blm but what the hell could you have liked about The Village? That movie ranks up there in my worst movies ever list.

As for The Lady in the Water. I will have to pass. The reviews look BAD. http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/lady_in_the_water/

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
            Im sorry blm but what the hell could you have liked about The Village? That movie ranks up there in my worst movies ever list.

I thought it was interesting how these people lived w/in walls in the middle of civilization, led to believe that their way of life was the current way of life and kept there by fear. It was by no means an epic movie but I still enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
              I thought it was interesting how these people lived w/in walls in the middle of civilization, led to believe that their way of life was the current way of life and kept there by fear. It was by no means an epic movie but I still enjoyed it.
              Maybe its just the fact that the film told the audience that the "scary wolf" was a person about 30 minutes into the movie made it bad for me. I had told myself that I was going to see a scary movie and I was ready for a scary movie. I guess I dont understand why he markets his films as scary when they are not.

Comment

Originally posted by rado
                Agreed/\
                shut the hell up. you dont know what you agree with you dick licker.

Comment

Maybe its just the fact that the film told the audience that the "scary wolf" was a person about 30 minutes into the movie made it bad for me. I had told myself that I was going to see a scary movie and I was ready for a scary movie. I guess I dont understand why he markets his films as scary when they are not.

I agree with you - his movies are like false advertisement, lol...

Comment

Originally posted by FitnessBrat
                    I agree with you - his movies are like false advertisement, lol...

yep

Comment

The Village makes you realize the fact that we are ALL products of our own environment - whatever bullshit you've been raised to believe is just that - bullshit - at least until you learn to step out of bounds and learn what life is all about on your own terms - very good movie imo...

Comment

Originally posted by fog_hat1981
                        The Village makes you realize the fact that we are ALL products of our own environment - whatever bullshit you've been raised to believe is just that - bullshit - at least until you learn to step out of bounds and learn what life is all about on your own terms - very good movie imo...
                        im glad you got a life lesson from The Village but I didnt go watch that movie to get a life lesson. i went because the advertisements made it look really spooky and so on. can you imagine if he would have marketed the village as a "life lesson". about 3 people would have gone to see it. instead he pretty much makes up the whole advertisement and it turns out to be nothing like the movie. im not into that kinda shit. imagine going to the movies to see a good action movie and its really a girly love story movie..

Comment

im glad you got a life lesson from The Village but I didnt go watch that movie to get a life lesson. i went because the advertisements made it look really spooky and so on. can you imagine if he would have marketed the village as a "life lesson". about 3 people would have gone to see it. instead he pretty much makes up the whole advertisement and it turns out to be nothing like the movie. im not into that kinda shit. imagine going to the movies to see a good action movie and its really a girly love story movie..
                          :laughnew:

Comment

The 6th sense was awesome. The rest of his movies have been pretty boring. That shit he made with the fuckin aliens was awful...

Comment

I agree. I stopped watching his films after The Village. His plots are predictable and lame.

Comment

Working...
                              X