• Show
Clear All

• NFL Holdouts

Are you tired of players holding out?
    A bunch of losers?
    75.00%
    Needed for the future of the sport
    25.00%

what the hell, they had so many months to sign. Now Reggie Bush might hold out for the season. Maybe he should have been around when FEMA was "holding out" on bringing him some aid. The whole city is looking to him to do something good, to brighten things up...oh boy...

Comment

by the way Shibby, referencing your comments re Floyd Landis and possible drug use: http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...939#post364939

your quote being this one: http://www.superiormuscle.com/vbulle...21&postcount=5

sorry to hijack your thread...

yeah...holdouts suck, it's what I hate the MOST about preseason
      Last edited by go Yankees; 07-27-06, 10:30 AM.

Comment

I'm tired of these players having one good year out of a few bad ones and they think they are owed Hall of Fame money and satus.

Comment

It gets out of hand. You sign the contract, you should honor it. Now maybe if a rookie signs a long-term contract and ends up playing well above expectations and the team refuses to re-negotiate his contract and pay him what he's worth, then maybe he should hold out.

Comment

And I think Bush is holding out cuz he doesn't want to play for the Saints...

Comment

Originally posted by Control
              And I think Bush is holding out cuz he doesn't want to play for the Saints...
              If he's anywhere near as good as all the hype, he'll turn them into contenders. I hate the way players today coming out of college only want to play for good teams right away and have an immediate shot at winning a ring. Guys like Terry Bradshaw came out of college hoping to play for a shitty team because they knew they had what it took to make them great....and they did.

Comment

Originally posted by babyblues
                If he's anywhere near as good as all the hype, he'll turn them into contenders. I hate the way players today coming out of college only want to play for good teams right away and have an immediate shot at winning a ring. Guys like Terry Bradshaw came out of college hoping to play for a shitty team because they knew they had what it took to make them great....and they did.
                I dunno, that O-line is pretty lackluster now that they don't have LeCharles Bently. I don't know how much a RB could help them. I see Brees struggling this year without Gates. Joe Horn is getting old, Stallworth is inconsistent. I think defenses would be able to focus on him and keep him from doing whay he did in college. NFL LB's are much faster and much better tacklers than in college. Oh, and he better not try to lateral...

Comment

Going from college to NFL is a HUGE jump. What ever happen to people proving themselves and earning there money? I think so many know how fast it can all get ripped away from them, so they try to get everything while they can. That's understandable, but they have to understand themselves, the owners know these facts just the same.

Comment

I have a problem with guys who already have signed contracts holding out. I don't have any problem with guys like Leinart and Bush who won't sign what they feel is a low-ball offer.

Comment

Looks like Bush signed, anybody know for how much? I heard it's a 6 year deal...

Comment

It's an undesclosed amount. They probably have to check there cap and/or make room. Lienhart though is holding out for a shorter contract. Arizona wants to give him a 6 year deal and Lieanhart wants a 5 year deal.

Comment

I heard it was $62 million.

Comment

Lienart needs to get into camp. He is really messing up. He will have to play early, because you know that Warner will get injured. Then when he doesn't know the playbook and starts to stuggle he really won't care about the extra million in signing bonus.

Comment

I played football so to answer that question in life we have to do what's best for ourselves sometimes, yeah it sucks for the fans for a player to hold out, but sometimes players need to do what they have to do to secure their financial hold for the future. I mean the NFL isn't like the NBA you can get cut at any point, and your carrer can be ended any day even if you are under contract, so you need to get as much money up front as possible. The average NFL carreer is 2.5 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X