The Descent!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Descent!!!

i saw The Descent on friday at the latest time possible (10:20) oh wow......a for sure 10/10,was amazing.a lot of blood/gore and a lot of people were jumping and screaming.was pretty scary,my girlfriend literally was holding onto my nuts during the whole thing and i saw the rest of the girls holding onto whatever they could as well.i strongly recommend it if you're into scary/bloody movies.if you're sensitive to the color red,dont bother. :bravonew:

the Saw 3 trailer looks good too.

Comment

I want to see it too!

Comment

Went and saw it yesterday. We wanted to go see Ricky Bobby but it was to crowded for that movie.

I guess you could say I disagree about The Descent. I found that it took too damn long to get to the scary parts. Nothing but a bunch of women yapping for the first 45 min of the movie. Once it gets to the scary parts, the acting is, well.. garbage. The story is just dumb. As for the scare factor. It is scary but that dosent make it good. Let me explain. It scares by the "shock factor". Meaning they will go about 5-10 minutes with realy dark and quit scenes, then all of the sudden the move cranks the sound and flashes a image across the screen real quick. Anyone could do that, I could sit all you guys down in a pitch black theater for 5-10 minutes and all the sudden flash a scary image across the screen with a loud noise. Would that make it a good movie? That is all this move does. To top it off, the little monsters are bitches. The women beat the shit out of them on a regular bases. Ending was garbage. They changed it from the Original British Film.

Bottom line, the story is crap, the acting is crap, all the movie does is rely on "shock scare".
        Last edited by Bouncer; 08-07-06, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
          Bottom line, the story is crap, the acting is crap, all the movie does is rely on "shock scare".

I was hoping this one would be different. I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by blm
            I was hoping this one would be different. I'm not surprised.
            i was hoping too..

Comment

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-30-09, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
                for those that didn't like this movie, i'd be curious to know what "scarry" movie you think is better and why?
                I tend to like older scary movies. I like movies were the actors can act.

This one of my favorites. The Uninvited
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037415/

One more of my favorites that comes to mind is The Changeling
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080516/

Comment

I tend to like older scary movies. I like movies were the actors can act.

This one of my favorites. The Uninvited
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037415/

One more of my favorites that comes to mind is The Changeling
                  http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080516/
                  I saw the changeling back in high school for a class. I don't think there's anything else in this world that sent shivers down my spine like that did.

Comment

Last edited by GearTripper; 08-30-09, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GearTripper
                      i haven't seen the Uninvited, but the Changeling was ok for it's time. those are classics though and a total different type of "scarry" IMO. i guess i was relating the Descent to scarry movies made over the last ten or so years. i seriously can't remember any movie that compares. of course it's got some cheese factor to it, but much less then anything else made in the last 10 years or so. as for the "shock" factor... i think that's why this movie is soo good. if you remember all the good scarry movies classics from when you were a kid, all those were shock-factor scares. think halloween, firday the 13th, etc... all shock and now considered classics.
                      I see your point. I actually think The Blair Witch Project was scarier and seemed more real to me. People are mixed on that movie but I thought it was pretty good.

Comment

A scary time movie to me is stuff like White Noise, Final Destination, and from the previews Pulse. Horror, gore, zombie stuff dosn't entertain me.

Comment

I saw a preview for the grudge 2 the other day. Looks pretty scary

Comment

Originally posted by meat12
                            I saw a preview for the grudge 2 the other day. Looks pretty scary
                            i saw the same preview and it looks lame to me. :)

Comment

i saw the same preview and it looks lame to me. :)

If it's anything like the first one...

Comment

Working...
                              X