Is your Paw Stubborn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is your Paw Stubborn?

I have without a doubt the most pig headed stubborn old man for a paw. I love him dearly but my lord he sure likes things done his way and his way only. He decides we meaning us boys are putting in a new fence right beside the old fence that is sagging a bit. A new fence 2 feet over rather then just fix the existing fence that really just needs just a tad of work. So looks like me and my brothers have about 500 or more fence posts to dig all by hand. Now the smart thing would be to get a fence post hole digger for the arse end of the tractor and go to town. Oh no my paw says in his day he dug them by hand and so we have to do the same. So looks like we shall be busy for a bit. :) Its times like this I thank the good lord I am not a only child. :)

Well, I'd tell him that unless he wants to do it all by hisdamnself, you're going to fix the old fence. :D

Comment

rent a tractor without him knowing!

Comment

I am 46 and paw is 20 years older and no one tells him how to run his farms. :)
        Nope I shall just look at this as one heck of a good workout

Comment

Paw? Not sure what your saying. Dog Paw?

Comment

Nevermind. Your talking about your dad.

Well all I can say to you is this. Its fine to help out your parents. I understand that you love and respect your father. But what you need to understand is that you are 46 years old and you need to let your dad know that. Sounds to me like he treats you like a child. If it were me, I would tell him that I would be glad to help him out, but im going to do it my way. I damn sure would not be digging 500 holes because "paw said so".
            Last edited by Bouncer; 08-23-06, 09:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
              Nevermind. Your talking about your dad.

Well all I can say to you is this. Its fine to help out your parents. I understand that you love and respect your father. But what you need to understand is that you are 46 years old and you need to let your dad know that. Sounds to me like he treats you like a child. If it were me, I would tell him that I would be glad to help him out, but im going to do it my way. I damn sure would not be digging 500 holes because "paw said so".
              Its a family farm and me and my brothers do the work. I posted to ask if you any of your fathers where as stubborn and set in his ways as mine. I am not looking for suggestions on how to get out of a bit of work. I love work and am more then happy to do it. I did not get to be my size without a lot of sweat and hard work. Many of you fellows I am sure spend hours and hours in a gym. I would much rather spend those same hours outside digging fence posts, throwing hay or shoveling shit. :) its all good its all hard work and I love hard work. As for my Paw he is a good man but set in his ways big time.

Comment

Enjoy working with your dad while you can Bro! I wish my dad was still around to do things like with. I would gladly give up a great day at the gym to dig a 1000 fence posts with my dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Taureau
                  Its a family farm and me and my brothers do the work. I posted to ask if you any of your fathers where as stubborn and set in his ways as mine. I am not looking for suggestions on how to get out of a bit of work. I love work and am more then happy to do it. I did not get to be my size without a lot of sweat and hard work. Many of you fellows I am sure spend hours and hours in a gym. I would much rather spend those same hours outside digging fence posts, throwing hay or shoveling shit. :) its all good its all hard work and I love hard work. As for my Paw he is a good man but set in his ways big time.
                  No, I understand what your saying my friend. That is fine that you like to work and such, nothing wrong with that. It just sounded to me like he was making you do something at 46 years old that you didnt really want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by THE BOUNCER
                    No, I understand what your saying my friend. That is fine that you like to work and such, nothing wrong with that. It just sounded to me like he was making you do something at 46 years old that you didnt really want to do.
                    If that where the case I would have put the title of the thread "I am a 46 year old wimp" LMFAO and such is not the case my friend. by the way nice board Bouncer :)

Comment

Working...
                    X