Fast Money..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast Money..

Sony just announced that they have cut the shipments to the US of the Playstation 3 down to 400,000 units. They will be available Nov 17th. The MSRP on these things is around $500 and I can promise you all that they will go on ebay for $1000-$2000 because of the huge shortage.

I would suggest anyone that want to make an easy $1000 or so be at Best Buy or ToysRus early Nov 17th. Im sure there will be a line in most places but you may get lucky if you live in a small area.

Just a little tip for anyone interested.

:hmmm: Thanks for the tip!

Comment

Dont forget about all the rich crazy mom's on ebay that may pay like 3 grand for the damn thing. lol. If little Johny wants a PS3 for Christmas and his parents happen to have some money, it is up to you to take advantage of them! :D

Comment

Very true - it definitely happened with XBox....

Comment

I'm really considering this. So how early would you have to get to a store you think??

Comment

How do stores like Best Buy typically handle this in terms of how many you can buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
              I'm really considering this. So how early would you have to get to a store you think??
              Not sure. In areas with a good sized population you might aswell forget it. There will probly be people there for days. lol.

In a smaller area you may get lucky and you could be one of a few that even know about the launch.

I figure if Best Buy open at 10 am. I will go to best buy around 7-8 am. If there is already a good sized line. (Each Store may only get 6-10 units) I will just forget it and go home. But if nobody is there I will wait.

Comment

Originally posted by SonofBone
                How do stores like Best Buy typically handle this in terms of how many you can buy?
                In the case of the Xbox 360, I think it was 1 or 2 per person.

Comment

I think people were lining up at like midnight the night before. I don't think 2 hours prior to opening is enough time - guess it depends on where you live though. Most likely its one per person - should be anyway....

Comment

I did it with the xbox 360, the lines started at 9:00pm the night before, it sucked sleeping outside bestbuy........ but Ill be doing it again for the ps3 :D

Comment

Originally posted by Chadd77
                      I believe you're pretty much fucked unless you reserved one back in april. Or at least, I know that's how things went back when they released the ps2 and there was a shortage.

Comment

Screw waiting around forever. Two hours is probably my limit.

The profit potential won't be as high and there might not even be a shortage, but pre-ordering games may be an option as well for the early December PS3 games.

Good luck to anybody that fights those lines.

Comment

good tip. maybe i can get a couple that fell of the back of some truck

Comment

I'll give it a try. I was pissed that I didn't do it for the xbox. I have a friend that works at a best buy, I didn't realize that there would be so much demand.

Comment

Working...
                            X